How do you reset the change oil light.

frobotz
05-10-2008, 09:41 PM
First time simce I bought this car that I have been able to keep it togethere long enough to get a light. Anyhow i have a few thousand miles since the intake leak. So I got a Change oil light, Do i have to disconnect the battery, Or is there a better way?

BNaylor
05-10-2008, 10:22 PM
There are two methods to reset the change oil light. This is covered in the owner's manual. See link below.

Click here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=674045&highlight=change+light)

jatzarik
05-22-2008, 08:59 AM
does that pumping the gas pedal 3 times work with tire pressure too? I usually have to drive about 100 miles to get the light to go off b/c I can't get it to go out using the reset button. And, yes I'll be buying new tires this summer.

BNaylor
05-22-2008, 09:07 AM
does that pumping the gas pedal 3 times work with tire pressure too?

Not to my knowledge. Oil only. Still have to use the reset button for tire low pressure monitor.

tupa
06-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Not to my knowledge. Oil only. Still have to use the reset button for tire low pressure monitor.

I found this thread under olds alero, so if you have an olds alero you will remove the side panel (driver side) next to door. turn key until lights are on but car not started, Open the door, remove the panel. You will see a red "reset" button push in the button slowly until you see the "change oil" light blinking once its blinking press and hold in the reset button until the light dissapears. Your done....replace the panel cover! You do these steps to reset any light...low tire pressure etc. Note: do not reset your light(s) until after you have had or done the services!

BNaylor
06-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I found this thread under olds alero, so if you have an olds alero you will remove the side panel (driver side) next to door. turn key until lights are on but car not started, Open the door, remove the panel. You will see a red "reset" button push in the button slowly until you see the "change oil" light blinking once its blinking press and hold in the reset button until the light dissapears. Your done....replace the panel cover! You do these steps to reset any light...low tire pressure etc. Note: do not reset your light(s) until after you have had or done the services!

We're aware of the proper procedure for doing this. Just carefully check and read the previous post history cause all you did was provide a redundant reply.

BTW - You forgot to mention the chimes.

Add your comment to this topic!