Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 olds 88 dies/wont start

chad millett
05-08-2008, 08:39 AM
A friend of mine has the 97 delta 88. It will die out and fix itself before you pull over. That was at first. Now it dies and wont restart for a while if at all. The fuel pump isnt running at the same time and the power windows stop working as well as a clicking sound coming from the fuse box. What would tie the power windows into the fuel pump? There is no blown fuses and the clicking is spuratic with now rythem or pattern to it. Any ideas anyone?

Mickey#1
05-08-2008, 10:58 AM
You're the second one this week. Read through this thread.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=902658

chad millett
05-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Thank you. It worked. The car is fixed!

crzylgs
05-27-2008, 05:10 PM
I currently am having the same problem and I read the other thread but the link is not currently working. It sounds like a corroded ground bus. If you could tell me where it is located it would be greatly apperciated.

maxwedge
05-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Under the l/s sill, beneath the carpet adjacent to the drivers seat.

smackerquacker
10-09-2008, 07:51 AM
I have a 93 Olds 88 with similar symptons. Very intermittent, although couple of times in last few days. Starts fine and runs for a few minutes and then wants to die or will die. Starts right up and runs erratic, goes to a high idle, then low then die or maybe not quite die. Do you just clean this ground buss or replace it or what? When it almost dies the dash flickers and all the check lights come on. Another thing I just thought of is when it first did this a month or so ago and then not until 2 days ago, but anyway seems when I step on the brake the headlights dim just a little. I will check the ground buss tonight as well as the battery cables.

maxwedge
10-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Please staart a new thread with this, it is now too ol,d thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!