Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

V6 Camaro just didn't know...oh and civic too

TorchedStealth
05-07-2008, 03:46 PM
This past weekend I called two of my friends to see if the wanted to race. One of them has a 99 camaro Z28 and the other an 04 srt-4. After the race we went back to chill at a local hangout and me and my friend with the srt tried getting a kid in a V6 camaro to run me:icon16: . We told him it was just a Saturn with a 2.0 and a wing and cute little suicide doors. He finally agreed so we went to get my car, and when we got back we decided to go from a 40 roll and I got him to put $10 on it. It was really funny because NOBODY said anything about a supercharger or boost or anything:smokin:…although he did ask if we wanted to pop hoods but I said it was cold out and that we would do it afterwards. We headed out to a bridge with a few cars following us and we lined up at 40 when we got there. I honked 3 times and we took off…by a little over 60 when I slammed it into 3rd I had about 2 cars on him. Kept going and had about 7-8 cars by 95-100 where I shifted to 4th. Kept pulling until I shut down at 110ish with honestly 10-12 cars on him. He pulled up next to me after I slowed down and him and his passenger had the most dumbfounded look on their faces, while me and my friend had shit-eatin grins. We got off an exit and pulled over. The first thing he said when he got out was “What the hell was that! I swear I heard a supercharger!” I told him that he heard right! We talked for a while before heading back…oh and I was feeling nice cause he was pretty cool so I let him keep the money lol

The next 2 races were against a mid 90’s civic, pretty clean. I pulled up next to him in the left turn lane and he was just looking straight ahead, but as soon as the light turns he hammered it through the corner and I was surprised a how quick it was. I had 4 people in my car and he had 2 in his. I took my time getting next to him because I wanted to get away from the main part of town, but I finally got there. Right as I pulled up in 3rd at around 35, he dropped it to 2nd and took off so I followed suit and did the same. He had a little over a car on me when I dropped it but he didn’t pull much more. I pulled back and shifted to 3rd as my bumper was at his door, and kept pulling until about 80 where I let off 2 car lengths ahead. I’m thinking that he had B16 swap because there is no way a stock civic with just light mods would do that good, and I think a B18 would have been harder to pull like that with 4 people. Anyways, I pulled up next to him again and had it in 2nd already at 40 and right as he dropped it I slammed the gas. He had a fender on me from the jump but I pulled that back to me having a half car lead when I shifted to 3rd. I kept pulling until 85 where I shut down because the 2 lanes merged up ahead. He was about 3 cars back when I let off and as soon as I hit my brakes he did also and he fell back to let me merge.

These were my recent races worth mentioning (kind of). Hadn’t had any in a while so this is what I finally got. It was fun for sure, but hopefully I will get some more evenly matched runs in soon!

VR43000GT
05-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Nice races. Poor kid in the Maro though lol. I have gone agianst a few V6 Camaros in my SL and had no problem putting a steady pull on them. Keep em' coming.

MZR_47
05-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah that civic was pretty nice, though the can was a little too much. Not bad though! Now we need to get a wide road and race the 3 LSJs. though Swenson will get demolished however. Driver mod 0.2 :) I want to be around when some of these guys mess with your Redline, now that we are even.

robert 98
05-07-2008, 07:00 PM
This past weekend I called two of my friends to see if the wanted to race. One of them has a 99 camaro Z28 and the other an 04 srt-4. After the race we went back to chill at a local hangout and me and my friend with the srt tried getting a kid in a V6 camaro to run me:icon16: . We told him it was just a Saturn with a 2.0 and a wing and cute little suicide doors. He finally agreed so we went to get my car, and when we got back we decided to go from a 40 roll and I got him to put $10 on it. It was really funny because NOBODY said anything about a supercharger or boost or anything:smokin:…although he did ask if we wanted to pop hoods but I said it was cold out and that we would do it afterwards. We headed out to a bridge with a few cars following us and we lined up at 40 when we got there. I honked 3 times and we took off…by a little over 60 when I slammed it into 3rd I had about 2 cars on him. Kept going and had about 7-8 cars by 95-100 where I shifted to 4th. Kept pulling until I shut down at 110ish with honestly 10-12 cars on him. He pulled up next to me after I slowed down and him and his passenger had the most dumbfounded look on their faces, while me and my friend had shit-eatin grins. We got off an exit and pulled over. The first thing he said when he got out was “What the hell was that! I swear I heard a supercharger!” I told him that he heard right! We talked for a while before heading back…oh and I was feeling nice cause he was pretty cool so I let him keep the money lol

The next 2 races were against a mid 90’s civic, pretty clean. I pulled up next to him in the left turn lane and he was just looking straight ahead, but as soon as the light turns he hammered it through the corner and I was surprised a how quick it was. I had 4 people in my car and he had 2 in his. I took my time getting next to him because I wanted to get away from the main part of town, but I finally got there. Right as I pulled up in 3rd at around 35, he dropped it to 2nd and took off so I followed suit and did the same. He had a little over a car on me when I dropped it but he didn’t pull much more. I pulled back and shifted to 3rd as my bumper was at his door, and kept pulling until about 80 where I let off 2 car lengths ahead. I’m thinking that he had B16 swap because there is no way a stock civic with just light mods would do that good, and I think a B18 would have been harder to pull like that with 4 people. Anyways, I pulled up next to him again and had it in 2nd already at 40 and right as he dropped it I slammed the gas. He had a fender on me from the jump but I pulled that back to me having a half car lead when I shifted to 3rd. I kept pulling until 85 where I shut down because the 2 lanes merged up ahead. He was about 3 cars back when I let off and as soon as I hit my brakes he did also and he fell back to let me merge.

These were my recent races worth mentioning (kind of). Hadn’t had any in a while so this is what I finally got. It was fun for sure, but hopefully I will get some more evenly matched runs in soon! HEY ASSWIPE,CARE TO PUT ANYTHING DOWN AGAINST A BLOWN Z28?

VR43000GT
05-07-2008, 08:44 PM
HEY ASSWIPE,CARE TO PUT ANYTHING DOWN AGAINST A BLOWN Z28?

OMG lolz. You fail.

MZR_47
05-07-2008, 10:27 PM

Yeah ok you troll. You fail chernobyl style. He never said that his car was the fastest thing on this earth did he? And what kind of blown Z28 are we talking here? Barring an LS1 that would still be a pretty good race, with my money still being on the saturn.

Dont speak unless you have something constructive to say.

EDIT: By the way, the civic races were on none other than my South Washington!

TorchedStealth
05-07-2008, 10:50 PM

Zomg since a V6 maro and a blown Z28 are the same thing (sarcasm)

troll you fail..I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul...sorry cassies lol

I would love to see a blown z28 ls1. My friend has a near stock one and its badass, but he doesnt have the beaten as a child now have to make up by being a dick to everyone with a car not getting to know anyone before making an absolute fucktard out of himself mentallity. Again get out of this thread before it gets locked because of you, or else learn some respect and stick around and cooperate and give credit where credit is due.

That is all, thanks for the positive replies from my fellow AFers

MZR_47
05-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Oh i got your back Torched. LSJs fo life, son. And yes T-Rav's car procharged would kill babies from miles around, but I dont know if he can quite afford that! :)

Not a good first post for robert here. One more like that and we actually have the authority under federal law of Cambodia to kill your entire family. But you do have a chance to redeem yourself by being nice from now on and not trying to start fights. We are kind folk here, i promise. :)

Well, some of us....

VR43000GT
05-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Lol, I guarantee he is one of those people who trolls the internet looking for any street racing story about anything Camaro and budges in with his blown Z28 story (which odds are he doesn't even have that). Some people just suck at life. In cases of these I'm not sure if I should laugh or feel bad. Feel bad in the sense that they have to sign up to a forum to tell people they have a car that pertains nothing to the story, and funny in the same way. Just not sure. If Darwinism was true wouldn't this guy be weeded out by now? lol Seriously. It really reminds me of a streetfire comment where someone posts something and then some infutial waste of life comes in to claim that they have a blown viper on spray that runs 2's in the 1/4. Thanks for stopping in big guy. But do us a favor and drive that blown Camaro you have into a fire.

CassiesMan
05-08-2008, 08:35 AM

Mr. Robert98, what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

CassiesMan
05-08-2008, 08:38 AM
If Darwinism was true wouldn't this guy be weeded out by now? lol Seriously.

The internet makes me believe in God, because there is no way in hell that these people should have survived the evolution of the species.

Oh, and I don't know whats sadder? The fact that this guy trolls, or the fact that so many people do it that we have a term for it.

silentscreams85
05-08-2008, 08:47 AM

i thought trolls lived under a bridge? they have internet access now? :lol:

MZR_47
05-08-2008, 03:32 PM
It is a shame that this killed this thread, when we should really be talking about the races that Torched here just had instead of going troll hunting. So maybe we can get this thing back on track? although I do love just destroying this guy's self esteem. How in hell's name did he figure out how to even MAKE an AF account in the first place? Maybe you SHOULD give this guy like one point for even figuring out how to post. Or we can euthanize him, your call.

Igor needs to make some heftier idiot filters. Like have a 3rd grade math problem they need to answer before they can make an account. The internet is the worlds largest bridge now, silent.

Let us try to salvage this thread! it is a homeric undertaking, but i think we can put this whole abysmal thing behind us.

-The Stig-
05-08-2008, 06:16 PM
i thought trolls lived under a bridge? they have internet access now? :lol:

The dangers of WiFi... it's just about every where now.

:disappoin

silentscreams85
05-08-2008, 06:31 PM
The dangers of WiFi... it's just about every where now.

:disappoin

maybe he got mad after they started charging to use the hotspot, just like starbucks :shakehead this might have caused the reply in poor taste.

roll2daspot
05-08-2008, 07:25 PM
lol when I had my grand am I was slapping v6 camaros all day, such a sad car, im so glad I gots my v8 now.

Chiquae07
05-09-2008, 12:16 AM
im pretty sure if you diddnt have those 2 extra people in the car, you woulda smoked him more. who races for money anymore? that is so not cool unless your putting down the pick slip :rofl:

all you guys are makin me jealous, as you all get races in all the time. it seems no one wants to race me and my slow car, as its almost a guarrenteed win for them lmao.

ot : since when did starbucks start charging for hotspot? /ot

MZR_47
05-09-2008, 09:51 PM
We usually race whoever decides to be the aggressor, which is usually the slower car. So maybe just start picking fights with people and give them no choice but to race you for fear of people thinking the non-SE-R Sentra is winning.

And starbucks cant charge for the hotspot. just sit in the parking lot

-The Stig-
05-09-2008, 11:38 PM
And starbucks cant charge for the hotspot. just sit in the parking lot

Not true, you have to have to by time on their server through Tmobile. (here in SoCal Tmobile is their provider, not sure about elsewhere.)

Not all Starbucks are pay-for-wifi though. Some don't charge for the use of the internet.

I've got a program that allows me to log into any wifi that you have to pay for, it's from my company. They've set up an account with all the major providers so all I do is log in and get to use it as much as I need to for work and I don't get hassled with payments. Corporate does... yay.

MZR_47
05-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Well up here in the middle of goddamn nowhere we all have the same wifi services, and its all free. Tons of mooching goes on, expecially in the case of ipod touches and laptops. They can lock them, but we can usually get around it.

Corporate paying FTW

lightbalt
05-10-2008, 03:08 PM
nice run, gotta watch out with some of those V6ers, there are a few who know how to mod it up.................

stay safe..........

Da X
06-18-2008, 03:31 PM
well even if that moron has a blown z28 the only thing hes going to be blowing soon is he engine cuz morons like that dont know what the hell there doing

TorchedStealth
06-18-2008, 06:03 PM
well even if that moron has a blown z28 the only thing hes going to be blowing soon is he engine cuz morons like that dont know what the hell there doing

Kinda old thread Dalton, but since you brought it up....we have a certain blown ws6 with a 408ci and a T88 that he could run right? *cough* 1200WHP *cough* :naughty:

Da X
06-19-2008, 09:33 PM
i know its old but still man just like the old one it certainly still blew more that turbo

Add your comment to this topic!