Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Doesn't Get Anymore Worse Than This

genX
10-16-2001, 09:18 PM
So my buddy goes buy himself a Nissan Silvia and sands the body first thing. Over the weekend he decides to spray it and gets it ready by taping it on top of a pop can and taping the can to the ground. He had very little tape on the body and can. After about a minute or so he was all done and was ready to bring it in when a gush of wind just blew the thing to its side! Outcome: One messed up body that looks more like a demolition derby car. And if that wasn't bad luck enough, today, after sanding the body he decides to give it another try. Weather looked pretty good...or so we thought. After spraying and when he was bringing it in it started hailing! Outcome: one wet car with bubbles all over the car. Damn I think that model was jinxed.
I think this is the worst luck I've heard of building models to date. Ever heard of a totalled model :D

Jay!
10-16-2001, 09:33 PM
:cry:

Maybe that's what happened to this (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t8921.html) car, too. :(

Is he going to try again? Third time's a charm. :)

Maybe try it on a day with no weather... :D

S Brake
10-16-2001, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
Maybe try it on a day with no weather... :D Is that possible???:confused: :D

JE123
10-16-2001, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by snowboarder927
Is that possible???:confused: :D

I don't think that is possible.:D :D

Jay!
10-16-2001, 09:45 PM
In California, it is. (By no weather, of course I mean no bad weather. :rolleyes: )

genX
10-16-2001, 09:56 PM
I think my friend is gonna give it another try. this time in the comfort of my garage :D :D :D
As for that S2000, what the hell happened to that thing??? Even the Silvia we were building didn't look that bad:rolleyes:

Jay!
10-16-2001, 10:03 PM
Most types of oven cleaner and a product called Castrol Super Clean will both strip all the paint and primer of plastic without hurting the model. :D

primera man
10-17-2001, 06:51 AM
I never paint outside...to much shit blowing around.
I paint indoors most of the time. When the model is sprayed and put away i open the house up to let some freash air back in.

I hope you mate has better luck this time :( :(

YellowMaranello
10-17-2001, 04:17 PM
I think your story is worse then mine. (click the link in my sig if you dont know what I'm talking about)

Guiddy
10-17-2001, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by YellowMaranello
I think your story is worse then mine. (click the link in my sig if you dont know what I'm talking about)

Will you two stop! You're making me cringe!!!:D

primera man
10-18-2001, 07:12 AM
The joys of models !!!

DVSNCYNIKL
10-18-2001, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by primera man
Ahhh, the joys of child bearing !!!

:rolleyes:

:D :D

Add your comment to this topic!