Chevelle rear end

1972 Chevelle
05-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know if the 80's model Monte Carlo SS rearends with fit under the 68-72 Chevelle?

72chevelleOhio
05-06-2008, 02:55 AM
The G-body Monte Carlo rear end is something like 3 or 4 inches narrower then the Chevelle. That makes the mounts something like 2 inches narrower as well. If I recall that right....not a direct bolt in..

P.S. Why you gotta be space invading the screen name for????? :biggrin:

randy78
05-08-2008, 01:03 AM
78-87 are a new deal

than the old school cars like the A bodies

youhave to use one fromt he same year chassis group/design

sometimes A and G interchanged, but only within year groups

a welder and bracket repositioning will allow you to make any mount up any rear though

we have a 72 chevelle SS 454 muncie 4 speed 2 door gold black stripe to restore, ahve owned it since 83 or so

i have had many 78-87 G bodies, i just junked a rust free 85 cutlass, perfect frame, perfect everything spotless, blown up 3.8 buick v-6 in it, no one wanted anything from it, so i junked it

had an all original old man owned 78 grand prix 78k miles 2 door 301 auto, maroon with white interior, interior was spotless mint still, ended up selling it for less than i should have, i bought it from the brother of the original owner for only 500 bucks, drove it away after it had been in his farm shed for 8 years untouched, did have some minor rust bubbling on rear arches and some rust in the rear frame rail at the axle on one side

but it looked good, paint was still shined

pics somewhere

good luck

Add your comment to this topic!