Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Compare KA vs. Ren PE for Hasegawa TR?

Didymus
05-05-2008, 04:42 PM
KA makes a PE sheet for the Hasegawa Ferrari 250 TR; Strada Sports sells it for $21 (wheels not included). Now I understand Renaissance is marketing a similar sheet for the Hase car.

Has anyone compared the two?

And does anyone know where to buy the Renaissance set? Is it even available yet?

Ddms

pawlie
05-06-2008, 07:12 AM
I ordered the p/e set from KA through Strada Sports 2 weeks ago. Still waiting though :(

Looks like a quality set in the pictures...

Didymus
05-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Yes, the photos of the set look good and the price is reasonable.

But I'm hesitant to order the KA set before seeing what Renaissance has to offer. In my experience, Ren. is expensive for what you get, but I still want to check it out.

Ddms

klutz_100
05-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Yes, the photos of the set look good and the price is reasonable.

But I'm hesitant to order the KA set before seeing what Renaissance has to offer. In my experience, Ren. is expensive for what you get, but I still want to check it out.

Ddms
TBH, I wouldn't hold your breath :(

Renaissance have more than once announced a release for it to appear much later (if at all). Also, based on my experience so far, their PE parts have been thick and primitive compared to what other companied offer.

Of course, that may not be the case this time.

pawlie
05-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I ordered the 722 SLR transkit from KA and the p/e was excellent.

I agree w/ klutz the renaissance p/e is way too thick.

Didymus
05-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Okay, sounds like my best bet is to go ahead and order the KA sheet from Strada Sports. I don't want to miss out on the PE, now that I've got the car and the wheels.

Thnks, all.

Ddms

pawlie
05-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Did you get the hasegawa p/e wheels, they're really nice if you haven't!

Didymus
05-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Did you get the hasegawa p/e wheels, they're really nice if you haven't!

Yes, I did, and yes, they are. Thanks!

Ddms

Didymus
05-15-2008, 08:05 PM
I was rummaging around the Grand Prix Models website http://www.grandprixmodels.com, and ran across a pic of the new Renaissance PE set for the Hasegawa Ferrari 250 TR. It's for "Future Availability."

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s28/DidymusThomas/REN24268D.jpg

The PE sheets are available in LHD and RHD versions, and run about $30, plus shipping, of course. They also have several Renasissance decal sets for racing versions of the Hase 250 TR.

I'm doing a "standard" red curbside street version, and I've already ordered the KA PE set, so I'll sit tight for awhile. But it would be cool if somebody did a race car.

Ddms

Add your comment to this topic!