Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Da na na na na, another one (two) bites the dust

CassiesMan
05-05-2008, 09:56 AM
First saturday of the month, standard RX7Club meet madness, 'cept I didn't cruise with them this time. I met up with my buddy with the IS300 (he's selling it soon, though), and we met up with the DFWMazda/RX7Club guys for dinner. Fun times there, I gave a how to tutorial on proper surprise butt sex. Other than that, we just chilled for the most part.

After dinner, we all went out on our own little cruise. The RX7 guys are too good to hang out with us piston Mazdas, lol. That, and most of them left early to go to some clubs or something. So we decided to take the scenic route to the local races. Looked pretty cool, this long ass line of Mazda3s and Protege's, as well as my Speed3, an Evo IX that is pretty nuts, and my buddy's IS300. Along the way, we attracted the attention of an S2K. I was second in the line, and he line up next to a pretty nicely modded regular 3. I dropped down from sixth to fourth around sixty, swung out, and lined up for a good three way.

No one honks down, the S2k just punches it. I've been wanting to get a run in with one of these ever since I almost rear ended one because he wanted to race but was too slow. I punch it, instantly stop his pull (my nose at his tail), and reeled him in fast. Shift to fifth at around a buck, and kept up a nice steady pull to 110, had two lengths on him. Get on the brakes, bring it back down to sixty, and I hear him downshift again. Very good. Through it into fourth around sixty-sixty five, and we both punch it at the same time. Put about half a length on him fast, shift to fifth at 100, held it all the way in fifth till the shift light came on at around 130, had a solid three lengths on him.

He pulls up next to me and just looks over like..."WTF?!?!?!" I just gave him the thumbs up, and shouted out that his car looked good. He said thanks, and then I shouted (though not sure if he heard me) that it sounded nice, but in the end VTEC is still like waiting for bad sex. Like training wheels for forced induction...all of the lag, none of the boost.

A few minutes later I tried to pick a fight with a new Mustang GT, but he didn't want to play. We finally get out to the races, chill for a bit, check out some of the cars there. There was a loud ass Cobalt SS/SC that was trying to get the Evo guy with us to race. Which was pretty dumb on his part. The Evo guy (used to have a bunch of Mazdas) finally said sure, and I wanted to see this first hand, so I went out with them. The Evo and the Cobalt line up, and I'm behind the Evo by about a car.

I hear them honk down, and the Evo just shoots off. I don't even think he was trying (he said he was short shifting it, lol). When they honked down, I punched it. Slowly pulled in the Cobalt from 60, shifted into fifth, even with him till around 115, started pulling on him slowly from there, shut down right after shifting into sixth. That would put me around 135 give or take one or two. Had about 3/4 of a length to a full length on him. I let off, he just goes flying by. Talked to the Evo guy, he said the Cobalt finally caught up and did a ricer fly by.

Not sure what the Cobalt had done. The Evo has a laundry list of parts, GT3076, Meth Injection, cams, AMS tuned, etc. etc. etc., and the owner is jumping up to a GT35.

In other news, my test pipe finally (after two fucking months) shipped, should be showing up today or tomorrow. Going on next weekend, and the resonators on the cat back are coming out too. Then its just a down pipe and I'll be a full straight 3in turbo back. Yay. After that...well, if Cobb pushes the AP release date back another three months, i'm just getting an MBC and a real boost and AF gauge and running it up to 18 pounds.

AMGalltheway
05-05-2008, 06:39 PM
You got your songs mixed up.

subieskier
05-05-2008, 11:55 PM
...well, if Cobb pushes the AP release date back another three months, i'm just getting an MBC and a real boost and AF gauge and running it up to 18 pounds.

Make sure you get a pyro gauge too, if you're going to run without the AP.

Does anyone out there do open source tunes on MS3's? Might be worth looking into.

Gotta love that 6-speed.

MZR_47
05-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Gotta love the Honda guys who are convinced VTEC is better than any form of forced induction because TEH NGINE GETZ CRAZIE LOUDS, BOIIIII!!!! Not only that, but it smells like something died inside of that engine when they crack VTEC and you have the unfortunate privilege to be behind them.

Nice races cassies, pickin on the kids again are we? gotta love the looks people give you when they have no idea what they are dealing with until its WAY too late :)

Some pretty crazy stuff goes down during RX7club meets down there it seems. might need to plan a summer road trip and get me some of that.

CassiesMan
05-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Make sure you get a pyro gauge too, if you're going to run without the AP.

Does anyone out there do open source tunes on MS3's? Might be worth looking into.

Gotta love that 6-speed.

Define open source? If you mean just tuning, then not really. The only two options on the market now are stupid expensive piggy backs, and the ECUs in this car are so damned complex, that neither of them work, and need to be adjusted constantly. Basically, its 800+ for a boost controler. I do love the six speed though.

The killer is, save the VW market, no one is even bothering to look at tuning and modding DI motors...there is so much fucking potential here its sick, but no one is trying to do anything with it, and it sucks. When I got on the dyno, I actually bottomed out the AFR graph, it just stopped reading it went so rich. At WOT in fourth gear, I'm in the mid nines.

Gotta love the Honda guys who are convinced VTEC is better than any form of forced induction because TEH NGINE GETZ CRAZIE LOUDS, BOIIIII!!!! Not only that, but it smells like something died inside of that engine when they crack VTEC and you have the unfortunate privilege to be behind them.

Nice races cassies, pickin on the kids again are we? gotta love the looks people give you when they have no idea what they are dealing with until its WAY too late

Some pretty crazy stuff goes down during RX7club meets down there it seems. might need to plan a summer road trip and get me some of that.

I love running into people who think it is just a riced out Mazda3 hatch, lol. Then I get on it and they hear it spool, and at that point all they can say is...aww fuck it.

And yeah, first Saturday of everymonth, RX7club meets are good. We've had everything from high end Porsches to Skylines to nine second daily driven Z06s show up. They are awesome, tons of cannonballing to and from where ever we decide to eat, and plenty of racing and fun cruising afterwards.

MZR_47
05-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Anyone get some bribes in to the local police precinct or what? that seems to just BEG imperial entanglements

CassiesMan
05-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Anyone get some bribes in to the local police precinct or what? that seems to just BEG imperial entanglements

Nope. We're just that good. And the DFW Metroplex is massive, over six million people. Its not that hard to go balls out and stay under the radar at the same time, lol.

Test pipe came in last night. Its pretty. Amazing quality.

MZR_47
05-07-2008, 06:04 PM
haha pretty is good, considering the only people who get to see iti is anyone involved with installation, anyone you run over, and anyone who decides to steal your exhaust. Yes, that has happened. There is an RX-8 at a local shop that is in perfect shape...

With the engine completely gone, hoses unclipped, exhaust, the whole damn thing. gone. We suspect insurance fraud but still, if thats legit? crazy.

Yeah i guess its hard for me to comprehend that number of people. I grew up in phoenix, but i dont remember much. I live in a city with 65,000 people, and some of the most anal cops in existance. You lucky bastards.

CassiesMan
05-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Yeah i guess its hard for me to comprehend that number of people. I grew up in phoenix, but i dont remember much. I live in a city with 65,000 people, and some of the most anal cops in existance. You lucky bastards.

Back when I was in MO for school, the state population was around 6.2million. At the time, the Metroplex was around 6.8million. I used to joke that the entire state of MO could fit into the DFW Metroplex, and they would have breathing room, lol.

I can't wait to get the test pipe on. It'll be on by next Saturday for sure, but fingers crossed to get it on this Friday.

Add your comment to this topic!