Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993 Mazda Mx-6 v6 wont crank

ItchWeeed
05-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Ok so I seem to be having the problems others have had with my 93..Only problem is I havent seen any fixs for it....

Basically the car turns like hell should crank but it has no spark//I replaced the distributor the spark lugs the plug wires..Still will not crank or spark..Replaced the fuel filter as well before problem started.....Was driving along bam car dies..Waited about 3 mins car would crank ad would go as long as I keep it under 3000 rpms. Then replaced the fuel filter at this point..Car wouldnt start came outside next day to roll up windows and tried it for the hell of it the car started up ran great..Got about 4 blocks from home car died never made a sound just feel dead and hasent started since...

Well my uncle who works on cars all the time and is damn good a newer cars came and we did the distributor and plugs and wires..Still nothing...Well we both talked some and came to the conclusion it very well could be the car alarm keeping it from starting..Problem is I cant find the damn alarm does anyone know where the alarm is on these's damn cars....

Basically the alarm comes on when the car is locked but you can beat the car with a bat and the alarm never goes off but you unlock the door with the key and the alarm goes ape shit....

So the long and short of this is 1. Does anyone know where the factory alarm is and 2 Any other ideas on why the car wont crank..The distributor is new not used also..Thanks for any info..

Add your comment to this topic!