Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Climate Control Problem

MPO85
05-02-2008, 06:28 PM
On my '04 TB Ext. with almost 30k on it. No air comes out the upper vents. Switching modes does not produce any clicking or stange noises. It will switch from the floor to the defrost mode, but no air comes out when you switch to the upper mode. One web site that I read posted the same problem. The person had the actuator replaced and still no air out the upper vents. He ended up spraying WD40 on the vent doors and it worked. Any help would be appreciated on what the problem maybe or how to get at the vent doors.

Thanks,

Mpo85

maxwedge
05-02-2008, 07:16 PM
No quick answer here, if it a manual system, ( no mention), then either the door is stuck, loose, or the actuator is bad, some digging will have to be done to pin it down.

MPO85
05-02-2008, 08:46 PM
No quick answer here, if it a manual system, ( no mention), then either the door is stuck, loose, or the actuator is bad, some digging will have to be done to pin it down.

It is an automatic system. I was told to replace the actuator the dash has to be remove. 3.1 hours for the repair, plus parts. Not good.

MT-2500
05-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Auto matic you need to get a AC/Body/HAVC computer capable scanner on it and check operation and for codes.
If any codes post back code/codes.
Some of them may need a recalbration if battery has been changed or went dead or jump started.
Also after any repair work on it.
Any lights flashing on it?
In the blazer how to there is a how to on actuater motor replace on a blazer.
And always check for good engine vacuum if any vacuum controls.
MT

Add your comment to this topic!