Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

front 2 piece rotors?

Black99GST
05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
you guys have any info on weather or not they are worth it? i've been looking around a lot for rotors to go with my 4 piston brembos, now naturally, i will only be doing the front rotors in 2 pc if any, and just run solid rears, but is the difference in weight actually worth the money? anyone have any experience? know of any good brands? stoptech, and DBA seem to be the leaders over in the evo world... but i also know people that have AEM 2 pc rotors on their eclipse that love them to death... just wondering if anyone knows where i can get the AEM 2 piece rotors? and if 2 piece rotors are worth the extra $$$ over just solid rotors... :popcorn:

Thor06
05-02-2008, 05:28 PM
You dont even auto cross or road race so the very fact that you have those brakes is overkill, why would you want to further the overkillness with more expensive rotors?

SilvrEclipse
05-02-2008, 08:06 PM
I would see the gains being very minimal. Not worth it in my opinion.

Black99GST
05-03-2008, 09:11 AM
You dont even auto cross or road race so the very fact that you have those brakes is overkill, why would you want to further the overkillness with more expensive rotors?
is everything ok? you seem to have been overly irritable lately... it may just be me... anyway, they look cool, but i wouldn't get them unless they are really worth it... not to mention, its my money???

Thor06
05-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Oh my bad dude, I was actually in a great mood yesterday... I guess I just picked the wrong words.

The only two piece rotors I could find (didnt look too hard) were between like $300 and $450 per rotor... there's no way in hell I'd recommend that to anyone without a purpose built track car.

Black99GST
05-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh my bad dude, I was actually in a great mood yesterday... I guess I just picked the wrong words.

The only two piece rotors I could find (didnt look too hard) were between like $300 and $450 per rotor... there's no way in hell I'd recommend that to anyone without a purpose built track car.
TCE sells some pretty nice looking ones (willwood) for about $125 each in 13" which isnt that bad for front rotors, i would dump just as much on Brembo's for the front... and i could have 2 pc rotors? just dont have any experience with them...

thor, again, it could of just been how i read it? no worries! ;)

Add your comment to this topic!