Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car shaking badly! PLEASE HELP!

hensley88
05-01-2008, 10:10 PM
I own a 96 geo prizm and about a year ago I had my front roter changed to stop my cars brakes from squeeking uncontrolably. Well about a few weeks later my car started shaking and vibrating badly whenever I put my brakes on and still does this and gets worse by the day. Any ideas of what may be the problem? And if so how much would it cost to get it fixed my wife and me are on a tight budget and this is are only means of transportation. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Johnny Mullet
05-02-2008, 05:27 AM
Does the steering wheel shake when braking or the whole car or both? Rotors can warp no matter how new they are. It just takes some heat and a wet puddle.

hensley88
05-02-2008, 07:29 AM
The whole front end of the car shakes and yeah the steering wheel also shakes, Im guess that one or both of the front rotors are warped badly, what do you think? Which means its not really that expensive since all that will need to be done is new rotors and brake pads for the front, am I right?

Johnny Mullet
05-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Sounds right to me unless they find any loose front end parts. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Add your comment to this topic!