Air Conditioner problem

turftiger2
04-30-2008, 11:08 AM
I think i have an air conditioner drain problem. The air will be blowing cold and then all the sudden will just blow vented air (warmer air). I noticed that when this happens, there is no condensation coming from the exterior drain under the hood. I also noticed that the passenger floor board is soaking wet after a few minutes. What in the world could be the problem and how could i fix it. Thanks.

scotschult
04-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Your AC drain is likely plugged with something. Try blowing it out with an air hose nozzle. Insert the nozzle end into the drain from under the hood, and give it a quick blast. Wouldn't surprise me if you get a gallon or more of water out. If it just trickles out, then stops, try blowing it again. You more than likely have leaves in there. This may or may not affect the "non-cooling", but it's definately the place to start.

turftiger2
04-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Is there a way to take the thing apart to clean it out or do I have to unclog it from the outside?

scotschult
04-30-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm sure it'll come apart, but, since I've never done one, I'm guessing there'll be a LOT of head scratching/knuckle busting/trim breaking/evaproator poking work involved.

I've used the blow out method on numerous cars over the years, only had one come back. Blew it out again, and never had another problem.

Add your comment to this topic!