New P155-80-12" KUMHO POWER STAR TIRES - 2 Sets of 4 left!

GM Line Rat
04-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Just a heads up here. I found this Tire Dealer on E-Bay with 3 sets of "New" P155-80-12 INCH KUMHO POWER STAR 758 TIRES (Set of 4)........$189.95 Shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 States. I bought a set, Only 2 Complete sets left according to the auction! This dealer has over 3700 sales and 100% Positive Feedback. Before I bought these, I Called the "Tire Rack" 1st. These same tires are Still on back order (6 Months) and the rep stated that it will be At least 3-4 More months or more before they get any more......:crying: . These tires fit on the stock 12" Geo Metro rims, and are just a hair larger and wider than the stock 145/R12 Geo tire size. I've been using them on My 94 Metro for 3 years now. The tire racks price on these is $155.00 Shipped to My door, but they cant get them! I couldn't wait any longer and bought these as the indicators on my current Power Star 758'S are showing......:shakehead . Here's the auction in case anyone is interested in picking up a set? about $30.00 more than the tire rack, but they have them in Stock, and finding a Quality 12" Tires for the 89-94 Metros is becoming hard these days !

4 NEW P 155 80 12 INCH KUMHO TIRES - E-Bay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200219004913)

RossT
04-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up. It's good to know that tirerack will be getting them back. I thought they had been discontinued. I have purchased two sets of these. One for my 91 and the other for my 93. They are well worth the money. My only real complaint with them is that are worthless in the winter time. They are great on dry pavement. Little road noise and not a bad ride either, but just a little snow and ice and you are all over the road. Some of that may be due to the fact that the metro is so light. Another positive is that the tires don't wear very fast, and they have a normal tread pattern.

GREAT TIRE FOR THE MONEY!

RossT
04-30-2008, 08:55 PM
GM, what state do you live in, and if you have had them on snow, what do you think?

GM Line Rat
04-30-2008, 09:49 PM
GM, what state do you live in, and if you have had them on snow, what do you think?
I Live in TN. I've only had these tires in Snow maybe 4-5 times (1-2"), it only snows in my area maybe 1-3 times in Winter, and very little when it does. They were decent in light snow, and they actually did fairly good on the hilly roads we have when it did snow......But I would't use them in deep snow, or a Geo Metro for that fact in deep snow either, due to the fact they are so light in weight. However, I did get caught a Work one night a couple of years ago when it snowed approx 4". I drove the Metro home 18 Miles thru it with no problems at all using these tires..........Just my :2cents: on them. Other than that, their pretty good in the rain and road noise is good on these tires too!

RossT
04-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Sounds like you have done better than me then on the snow. It could also be cold related. I live in ND. This past winter I had a heck of time getting up and down hills that were snow or ice covered.

Anyway, They are a good overall tire and well worth the money being asked.

I will be going to 13 inch size soon so I will pass on the powerstar. Good find for those looking for 12 tires.

Woodie83
05-01-2008, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the heads up. It's good to know that tirerack will be getting them back. I thought they had been discontinued.

Don't count on it. Could be that these are the last in the world and TireRack is just being optimistic. I have companies tell me "it's on the way" for weeks and then tell me it doesn't exist all the time.

GM Line Rat
05-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Don't count on it. Could be that these are the last in the world and TireRack is just being optimistic. I have companies tell me "it's on the way" for weeks and then tell me it doesn't exist all the time.

That's always possible too Woodie! I didn't care to play the odds and bought a set that was available NOW.......Got my Fed-Ex tracking # via E-Mail on the Kumho's today.....They ship in 1 biz day. I have a spare set of 4 New Yokohama 145R - 12's in the garage.........12" tires are getting to be a PITA To find!

I will be going to 13 inch size soon so I will pass on the powerstar. Good find for those looking for 12 tires.
Yea, I tried finding a set of compatible 13" rims for my 94 Metro for years at our local junkyards, but with NO Luck. Good find on the rims Ross!

GM Line Rat
05-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Looks like this tire dealer has a couple more sets of these same tires laying around.

New P155-80-12" KUMHO POWER STAR TIRES on E-Bay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NEW-P-155-80-12-INCH-KUMHO-TIRES-80R12-R12-1558012_W0QQitemZ350056105271QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem350056105271&)

Again, they shipped the next day on my set of these and sent me a fed-ex tracking # also!..........:grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!