Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

MFH Yoshimura GSXR 1000 Chain

Froride1
04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I just bought the MFH Yosh GSXR1000 kit and I'm a little intimidated by the chain. It's individual links that need to be painted and then assemblied to individual plastic rollers. Has anyone built the MFH chain and have any feedback on it? It seems straight forward except having to use a soldering iron to melt the ends of the pins. With painted links I'm worried the soldering iron will screw up the paint.

daniel_k
04-28-2008, 03:03 PM
instead of the soldering iron I would use a screwdriver or a knife tip heated over a candle to melt the plastic.

daniel
-germany-

KevHw
04-28-2008, 06:37 PM
instead of the soldering iron I would use a screwdriver or a knife tip heated over a candle to melt the plastic.

daniel
-germany-

Exactly what I did :) . I think it could be the better way of going about it as with a soldering iron, it could be too hot for the plastic. Definitely paint before assembly and maybe just touch up with a fine brush if there are any parts that were affected. With the candle & screwdriver method, it won't really be a problem.

Froride1
04-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the input. I hadn't thought of heating up a screw driver and forming the pins with it. I think that would be more controlable than a soldering iron. :thumbsup:

Add your comment to this topic!