Gas Sucks, Right type of gas

EhyBrah123
04-27-2008, 10:30 AM
So I'm guessing everyone nows how gas prices suck now a days. A few of my friends with V8's (mustang GT, camero ss) are now putting regular gas in there car and say it runs fine. I'v also heard about people putting regular in SRT-4's, RSX-S's, Si's, mazdaspeed 3's, and ion redline's. now i got tht information from someone and i dont know if its true or not, iv heard it though from a few people. my question really is, can u do it? will these car's run on regular gas? and also, does it harm the engine?

thanx for the help

EhyBrah123
04-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Also my friend has VR4 and he is wondering what will happen to his engine if he puts regular in it.

Oldengineer
04-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Best source of the answer to your question is the owner's manual for the particular vehicle. If it indicates that the car will run on regular gas with only reduced performance then it should be OK. However if it indicates that the car requires premium fuel, then, regular, used long term, will probably result in engine damage. My car has a high performance V6 in it with a 10.5 to 1 compression ratio. The gas filler flap even has a tag on it that indicates premium fuel is required.

Regards:
Oldengineer

drdisque
04-29-2008, 11:52 PM
The Mustang GT is tuned to run on regular

april_fest
04-30-2008, 04:12 AM
So I'm guessing everyone nows how gas prices suck now a days. A few of my friends with V8's (mustang GT, camero ss) are now putting regular gas in there car and say it runs fine. I'v also heard about people putting regular in SRT-4's, RSX-S's, Si's, mazdaspeed 3's, and ion redline's. now i got tht information from someone and i dont know if its true or not, iv heard it though from a few people. my question really is, can u do it? will these car's run on regular gas? and also, does it harm the engine?
thanx for the help
Cars of these type can be run after making little modifications to the engine.
Again you need to let me know the following
Exact Age of the car
How much have you run the engine?Thanks!
April

EhyBrah123
04-30-2008, 05:39 PM
all these cars are over 03+ besides the VR4 which is a 95 and the camero SS is a 00. and would these mods you are talking about decrease the power greatly? Like if there are moments when you need to go fast will it decrease the performance alot?

Add your comment to this topic!