Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

The ShopTop!

BeZerK2112
04-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Well I work at a computer help desk for the school I go to. Whenever a student's computer brakes and they are getting a new one I usually ask for the old one, and most of the time they give it to me. Well I aquired another one this semester. I fixed it and now I have a extra laptop.

Today I started to clean my garage and once again realized how crapy the radio stations are here. Then I had a great idea! I would bring the laptop out to the garage and hook it up. So after spending 15 minutes running a hardwire to my garage I now have a ShopTop! Man it's cool. I listen to music off my main computer and can stream off the internet. I can use it when fixing my car to look stuff up and not care about getting it all messy! I must say it's amazing. The best part is a shop I worked at gave me their copy of AllData so now i can really look any car stuff up I need when I'm working.

Here are the pics!
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/sypher2112/DSCF1917.jpg

Blue wire comes out of the wall and up.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/sypher2112/DSCF1919.jpg

Across the celing and over to the ShopTop.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/sypher2112/DSCF1920.jpg
And the ShopTop itself.

Now to finish cleaning the garage.

-The Stig-
04-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Pretty shnazzy!

MZR_47
04-26-2008, 07:45 PM
You need to be getting some roofing going on in that there shop, otherwise you may fall victim to a fiberglass grave if you are inside the shop when a sudden gust of wind or the occasional earthquake comes along. Looks like alot of it is about to fall out anyways, just slap some plywood up there and call it good.

Better yet, put some cedar up there and have the place smell all naturey! Pretty nice though, i must say. I would kill for something like that. My dad is throwing a 30'X30' shop up this summer. Im going to ask him if i can set the laptop up in there, because we also suffer from radio station death up here.

BeZerK2112
04-26-2008, 08:15 PM
You need to be getting some roofing going on in that there shop, otherwise you may fall victim to a fiberglass grave if you are inside the shop when a sudden gust of wind or the occasional earthquake comes along. Looks like alot of it is about to fall out anyways, just slap some plywood up there and call it good.

Better yet, put some cedar up there and have the place smell all naturey! Pretty nice though, i must say. I would kill for something like that. My dad is throwing a 30'X30' shop up this summer. Im going to ask him if i can set the laptop up in there, because we also suffer from radio station death up here.

Renting and the owners are morons and wont fix it or the carpet! :banghead:

Sleepr awd
04-26-2008, 09:34 PM
fix it and have the people forward the bill to the landlord. then they have to pay!!! bwahahahaha

Chiquae07
04-26-2008, 10:18 PM
can you claim it at a health hazard? and report to the city? hmm ideas...

thats pretty sweet, but you did it the hard way. wouldnt it have been easier to just grab a wireless card and do the same?

Polygon
04-27-2008, 12:40 AM
Very decent idea. I shall do this once I get a shop.

CassiesMan
04-28-2008, 09:28 AM
The only thing you need to do for audio love when working on your car is stream in Russ Martin from the DFW Area. Every other radio show is for amatures.

zudo
06-05-2008, 07:52 PM
They'll probably accept if you offer to pay for either material or labor...

Add your comment to this topic!