Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cavalier Z24 Engine Cuestions...

FIERROS
04-23-2008, 12:19 AM
I Just Got A 1998 Cavalier Z24.. 4 Cyl.. Manual... I Think The Engine Is 2.4... Its A Blown Engine... Not Suure What Is Wrong With It.. Wich Is The 4 Cyl Bigger Engine I Can Put On It....? And From Wich Other Cars Have The Same Engine (to Start Looking For An Used One)....? Thanks For Your Time...

yhandor
04-23-2008, 02:08 AM
for the 98 year, there is the 2.2L and the 2.4L which you have. You have to find a motor from a 96-98 Cavalier Z24, Sunfire GT, Grand Am, or a Malibu. They all share the 2.4, beware though, get one wiht the LOWEST KMs you can find....I have blown 4 of the 2.4's.....so don't race it around, drive it nicely, and CHECK THE OIL OFTEN, they burn it.......its a quiet running engine if kept in good order, if not, you'll see what happens....it's not pretty. Hope this helps your search!

kirkwood158
04-23-2008, 08:38 AM
also watch cam housings for cam sensor some motors do not have it on my 97 it is located front ....almost center of cam intake housing just above TB Take some time to find out about this 2.4 motor if you never been in one of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIERROS
04-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Ok... Thanks For You Time.... Ill Let You All Know....

FIERROS
05-04-2008, 11:06 PM
I Just Put The Other Engine On The Car.... A Used One... But Just Found Out That I Got A Head Lights Problems... The Prev Owner Of The Car Put Projection Lights On It... But Low Only Works On One Side... And High On The Other One... I Put Straight Ground To Test It... N Didnt Work... The Blue Lights R Ok.... Theres Light On All Lamps But Its So Low... Like A Ground Problem... Dont Know What To Do....

Add your comment to this topic!