Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Altima keeps stalling.

JoeShmoe
04-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Posted up here because the bums on the Altima section rarely go on there to help out. So my 95 altima with a 2.4 four bager is hesitating like crazy. MY rpms all over the place, at times at sit idle, it drops really low wanting to stall and then jumps up 3k. It'll cut off at times and just stall even if I'm moving.

I read the code and and it said my egr was bad so I took it off and cleaned up real nice. Worked fine for half the day, then at night it started hesitating and missfiring (my opinion) again. The distributor is at the end of the head and its soaked in oil. I'm going to replace the o-ring and see if that fixes my problem My question is, "besides labeling my wires, should i keep soomethin else in mind? Do I need to mark the cap to make sure it lines up later when I try and reassemble it?This really does have a distributor cap."

Thanks in advance.

ned032002
04-22-2008, 08:19 PM
I would change the cap and rotor and as for marking the cap, I would just label them. When I did the headgasket on the Tbird I just counted from left to right on both sides of the engine and labeled on the cap where each wire went by what number I designated for each cylinder. Have you done Wires and Plugs? If not then do
-plugs
-wires
-cap
-rotor
If the rotor is bad you should be able to look at where on the cap it makes contact and see if there is a place where it's not making contact. But for as cheap as everything is you might as well just replace them all.

JoeShmoe
04-25-2008, 06:27 AM
Yeah, i swapped plugs and wires. Pretty recently too, so thats why I'm moving onto this. New cap is going on today.

Add your comment to this topic!