Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1:12 Lamborghini Diablo???????

jota^7
03-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Hey there fellow car modelers. I am a newbie to "car modeling", but not collecting, I've been a collector since I was like 6 :ylsuper:

I collect 1:18 and especially LOVE to collect 1:12 although they are rather expensive. I dont collect smaller scales because of the detail, not just as good as the big scale. I have been searching for one car for a while that I am just getting fedup with looking for, if anyone knows please tell me where I can find a 1:12 scale Lamborghini Diablo, any model (2WD, VT, VT Roadster, SV, SE30, SE30 Jota, or the new one 6.0):cool: Please help me find this car I am going CRAZY looking for it, any help would be very appreciated, THANKS!!!!!!!:smoker:

flyonthewall
03-03-2003, 05:23 PM
Never heard of or seen a 1:12 Diablo:(

jota^7
03-03-2003, 07:39 PM
Thats what I mean, they are EXTREMLY RARE!!!!!!! I know this guy who has one, he got it while he was in Portugal like 2 years ago, but he cant find the box, and he couldnt find a company name anywhere on the model. It is made out of plastic, not diecast, and the quality isnt that hot, but still is a very rare model, and like I say, a Lambo is a Lambo, and a Diablo I wouldnt mind owning a very rare 1:12 Diablo.:flash:

Murco
03-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Been building for 30 years, never seen or heard of such a kit...
Good luck!

flyonthewall
03-04-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by jota^7
Thats what I mean, they are EXTREMLY RARE!!!!!!! I know this guy who has one, he got it while he was in Portugal like 2 years ago, but he cant find the box, and he couldnt find a company name anywhere on the model. It is made out of plastic, not diecast, and the quality isnt that hot, but still is a very rare model, and like I say, a Lambo is a Lambo, and a Diablo I wouldnt mind owning a very rare 1:12 Diablo.:flash:

Could be a promotional model or something, does it have an interior or just a shell with blacked out windows? I know that there are Ferrari 360 Modena's for sale like this at around £3500.

nervestrikes
03-04-2003, 06:54 AM
I happen to be looking on ebay and I found a 1:12 Lamborghini Contach if that helps you any. Look at this attached site:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3119490818&category=2583

jota^7
03-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I understand you guys been collecting for a while and all, but there is a kit out there, not sure if its still out there but, there is somewhere, and like I said you will not find it on the internet, trust me I must have looked everywhere, countaches are another story, they are everywhere and I dont like them, I am in need for a DIABLO like I said before, sorry but nice try.

Jonno
03-04-2003, 07:07 PM
All I can think of would be a R/C. But I guess that would be 1/10 and wouldn't really be very detailed.

Scratch-build maybe? Take a lot of patience, money and skill but it could be done.

jota^7
03-04-2003, 10:16 PM
Its a 1:12 scale Lambo Diablo plastic model. It was already built, but you put it together yourself, not an RC car, a model. Anyone here from portugal, or anywhere else, if you could find out at your local hobbie shops, worth giving it a try, it would be very appreciated :)

JELPSPEED
07-07-2004, 11:21 AM
hi,
I own a small scale model company, we develop about 6 to 10 new models every year, Right now we are finishing a few ones, And I want to know if someone is interested in buying a 1:12 or 1:8 scale LAMBORGHINI DIABLO, we only make small limited editions, about 50 of each car and no more!, if I see some interest on this Lambo, we“ll start making the model.
if you want to see some of our work please visit our page, http://www.exclusivescale.com

If you are interested in the lambo, please reply here or by email.
Thanks
Ever

Murco
07-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Let's see... A prototype 1/8 or 1/12 scale model professionally built. That ought to be within the realm of financial reality!
:screwy:

sjelic
07-08-2004, 01:38 AM
hi,
I own a small scale model company, we develop about 6 to 10 new models every year, Right now we are finishing a few ones, And I want to know if someone is interested in buying a 1:12 or 1:8 scale LAMBORGHINI DIABLO, we only make small limited editions, about 50 of each car and no more!, if I see some interest on this Lambo, we“ll start making the model.
if you want to see some of our work please visit our page, http://www.exclusivescale.com

If you are interested in the lambo, please reply here or by email.
Thanks
Ever
If nothing else this looks very interesting. This is like the dream company for all of us. And do those girls and guys get paid or they do it for fun :smile: ?
What is the price of that GT40?
Nice company indeed, good luck in future.
Jota I think you have found what you have been looking for (if you can afford it).

JELPSPEED
07-08-2004, 11:25 AM
If nothing else this looks very interesting. This is like the dream company for all of us. And do those girls and guys get paid or they do it for fun :smile: ?
What is the price of that GT40?
Nice company indeed, good luck in future.
Jota I think you have found what you have been looking for (if you can afford it).

Hi,
first of all, Yes! we pay to those boys and girls, they also get a complete model for display as a reward for their hard work, and Yes! they also have fun doing this, It“s like a dream come true for most of them.

The Gt-40 is not ready, in fact is the youngest project and we are still working hard in it. We are going to sell 3 versions as we do with all of our models:
1.-Resin Kit (unassambled)
2.-Only model (model painted and detailed)
3.-Deluxe model (finished and painted model, in wooden base, acrylic display case)

We“ll set the prices once is ready, we are trying to keep our prices as low as we can, that“s why we relay on internship students ;) , they get a lot of knowledge, techniques, experience, and we get good models in exchange.

What Scale would be the best?
1:12
1:8
1:4
we make all those scales because we like large scale models.
Thanks for your comments and support

sjelic
07-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Thanks for answer, I wouldn't like to ruin Jota's thread with my questions so I think that I should stop here. Only one thing about the scale the bigger they are the price is much higher and it is trouble to display 1/4 car so 1/12 or 1/8 would be more then big enough.
Jota sorry once again but this was to interesting to me.

Add your comment to this topic!