Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

vacume wipers

himie298
04-21-2008, 03:59 PM
I have a 1948 super deluxe plymouth with vacume wipers. I can get the motor to work but it has very little power. On the blade in the motor is what looks like brass wipers. should there be a piece of leather in the middle of the blade? If so I can put in a piece of leater and rerivit the blade. In NY I need to get the wipers working so I can get it inspected warm weather is here and it time to drive. and advice would be great. thanks

Jim

maxwedge
04-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Give it a try, if it seals the chamber it may work, the softness of the leather is the key, it must not have excessive drag and at the same time seal well. Also, as a NYS emissions and safety inspector , we are fussy about parking brakes on the old std shift cars, make sure the pedal/handle has 30 percent reserve and holds, also the maximum free play in the steering can only be 3" of steering wheel movement. Good luck. BTW I am down the N'way in Chestertown, as an adjuster I did a few claims in Mooers.

Pawl
04-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I am trying to post a message on this chat forum but there is nothing to click on to get a blank form.Can someone email me and tell me what I am doing wrong? engineerpc@aol.com Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!