Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

64 ss impala quarter panel interchangable ?

jimpalaboy
04-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Need quarters for my 64 ss 409. Found 2 perfect quarters that are off a convertable, can they interchangable with a hard top ?

'97ventureowner
04-20-2008, 01:13 AM
Welcome to AF!
According to my "Year One" Impala parts catalog they should fit as it doesn't list any separate options such as hardtop or convertible. One interesting thing to note according to the catalog is that the reproduction part is 22 gauge metal while the OEM panel originally put on the car at the factory was 19 gauge, so the panels you found would be the preferred choice in my book, since they are in great shape.

maxwedge
04-20-2008, 08:28 AM
I believe you will find they are not a direct fit, especially at the wheel house and the upper section where it would meet the lower roof sail panel, check with the supplier.

'97ventureowner
04-20-2008, 02:55 PM
I believe you will find they are not a direct fit, especially at the wheel house and the upper section where it would meet the lower roof sail panel, check with the supplier.
When I replied last night, I had thought something along those lines, having seen a listing somewheres that the panels for a convertible were slightly different. In fact I believe there are 3 different versions of the quarter panel in that year, a convertible, a hardtop, and one other ( the name of the type of car escapes me at the moment.) I posted what the Year One catalog listed but I also have a GM parts list for this vehicle ( since I own a '64 Bel Air, things like that come in handy :grinyes:)I cannot locate this list right now, but if I should come across it in the next few days, I'll post what it says in the list, as that should be somewhat of a authoritative document on what was used on these cars. Some companies that sell these may market a "fit all" type panel that might have to be modified to fit certain applications.

Add your comment to this topic!