Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

wrong temperature reading

wardak33
04-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Today we had beautiful weather in chicago, in the high 60's. the only thing is that the temperature reading in the climate control console stays at -1 degrees. it stays like that too. i'm thinking it could be the ambient temperature sensor behind the grill next to the radiator, but i want to make sure it is that sensor before i do anything. i was wondering if anyone actually knew how to get to it and to replace it. i can see it, but just can't get to it, the grill and what not is in the way. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

wardak33
04-18-2008, 11:01 AM
i also wanted to know if this has anything to do with the air conditioning system...thanks!

datslegne
04-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Try hitting these three buttons at the same time: Mode - Front Defroster - and Rear Defroster. I have had to do this a few times throughout the year. It seems to "reset" the system.

Don't know why this happens though .... but worth a try.

wardak33
04-20-2008, 05:05 PM
i just tried that, and it did change the temperature reading, but to negative 39 degrees. i also tried disconnecting the temp sensor in the front, i don't know if it was the right one or not, but it was by the radiator behind the grill, and the reading didn't change...what do i do next? is it the wrong sensor i'm changing??? please help.

Add your comment to this topic!