Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Big Problem Opel Astra1200cc

saaqib
04-16-2008, 03:33 AM
Please help me.. I have a big problem with my opel astra1200cc 2003. It all started with my check engine lights started to light up.. then gradually my dashboard stopped working the aircon stopped working.. the problem could not be identified.. Finally i took it to the dealer.. they did a check and said that there is something wrong with the main ecu.. its has to be changed and the airflow meter also has to be changed.. Is there another way out coz this will cost me a fortune...
thanks

Boroboy
04-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Please help me.. I have a big problem with my opel astra1200cc 2003. It all started with my check engine lights started to light up.. then gradually my dashboard stopped working the aircon stopped working.. the problem could not be identified.. Finally i took it to the dealer.. they did a check and said that there is something wrong with the main ecu.. its has to be changed and the airflow meter also has to be changed.. Is there another way out coz this will cost me a fortune...
thanks

If you fancy a bit of diy & saving yourself a few £. You could buy yourself an OBD 2 code reader, I bought one off flea bay for around £20. Plugs into your diagnostic port, under handbrake lever inside car. Should come up with fault code or codes. Then a case of identifying fault code & rectifying problem. I have one & used in on my mk4 2000 Astra in the past.
If you don't fancy a bit of diy, you could put it into a none Vauxhall/Opel garage that does ecu light faults. There's a Bosch garage near to where I live, think they charge £25-£30 an hour, allot cheaper than Vauxhall.
Here's a forum that may help you further:- http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=83
I've used it in the past, good bunch of guys.

Add your comment to this topic!