Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dual Audi p/e review

geronimo77
04-14-2008, 03:48 PM
I just managed to acquire 2 KA Models p/e for the Revell Audi R10 and R8. I though i share my experience with you. Sorry that i cannot take photos but my camera is completly broken down. So i just link some photo from the net.

R8: Set contains 2 sheets, a big p/e and a small metal transfer. p/e sheet is quite large due to the huge number of front and rear grid elements. So it is possible to change the plastic parts to a much more realistic metal grid. I'm sure this will significantly improve the appearance of the car. For the exterior there are also metal transfers with quattro circles, mirrors, and other small logos. But metal transfer is not only for exterior, there are logos for the engine and also for the dashboard. There are also p/e mesh for all the air vents and also for the hifi and display. Revell dashboard is not bad, but i think it is easier to paint this p/e parts and the vent grids looks really cool. Pedals are also included but i guess these were not visible at the end. Seatbelt buckles and speaker meshes are also included. Moreover there is ignition key to start this beast :) Brakes are also very nice. I do not want to list all parts one-by-one. Just one more thing, there are also sensors for the reverse radar. I think this is really a good set, and can only recommend to anybody.
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2272/ke24019avx5.jpg

R10: As i'm a big fan of lemans cars, i was very happy when Revell released the Audi R10. I have the R8 Lemans from LeMansMiniatures but i did not want to spend another 150 EUR for the new Audi. Of course the Revell kit is not a state of the art model, so i was waiting for some upgrade sets. I've choosen the KA set.
This set containes a reasonable size of p/e, 2 metal transfer logos for the engine, some resin parts, a small thick p/e sheet for the brake discs, and a small clear foil for the display. This kit gives allaround upgrade possibilities. The quality is excellent. There are air vents for all the necessary places. And the quality is awesome. Only because of these parts are worth to buy it. But there are also nice and thin body parts, like diffuser, or rear wing stands. I like KA because they really focus on details also. There are even swithces for the "dashboard" included. Seatbelt is also very nice. So i think this kit was a good choice and will give the extra touch for the revell kit.
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1334/ke24014btg7.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3815/ke24014akg0.jpg

MidMazar
04-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Nice, hopefully they are the right size.

JTninja
04-14-2008, 10:45 PM
I have the KA p/e set for the R10. Its great, its has almost all the stuff that the dexter and studio 27 sets have, plus more. Only problems I have faced with it has been bending the rear wings, and the stupid resin turbo inlets. The turbo inlets dont fit when you try to put the hood back on the car (not that the hood kits the kit anyways, major sanding is needed there). I had to cut up the hoses to the engine, they're barely there anymore...

other than that, I highly recommend KA, Im very happy with mine :D

geronimo77
04-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I have the KA p/e set for the R10. Its great, its has almost all the stuff that the dexter and studio 27 sets have, plus more. Only problems I have faced with it has been bending the rear wings, and the stupid resin turbo inlets. The turbo inlets dont fit when you try to put the hood back on the car (not that the hood kits the kit anyways, major sanding is needed there). I had to cut up the hoses to the engine, they're barely there anymore...

other than that, I highly recommend KA, Im very happy with mine :D

I just wonder why Revell not included these parts ??

Spike2933
04-19-2008, 12:18 PM
with the R10, buy the Dexter PE, at least for the louvers which are way better than KA. plus some of the stuff is better also compared to KA.

I just wonder why Revell not included these parts ??

because Revell took a photo of only the engine outside of the car, they failed to see what was really under the hood

but the biggest hiccup with Revell/KA/Dexter/S27, there are no Paddle Shifters from anyone. its off to the styrene board to make them

Heats00
04-20-2008, 08:26 AM
I also bought the KA Models photoetch for the R8 and it looks awesome. I just can't figure out what the 2 pieces in the lower left corner are for. Part number 27 looks like it will fold into something.

Big Kahuna
04-20-2008, 09:44 AM
I broke down tonight and ordered these two.:rolleyes:

Are the wheels and rims on the R8 ok or are they poxy and need replacing?

I am hoping to see the R8 at the Perth Motorshow this week.

Add your comment to this topic!