Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95-only fuel rail/return line recall info

pizza442
04-13-2008, 11:57 PM
By now most of us have had the recall done. For the 95 only, the recall includes a unique fuel return line which I have had fail on me twice. What I want to point out to all 95 owners is that they are replacing all 3 fuel lines as a package; one new part # listed in the recall represents the 3 new lines.
So if any of you still have this recall/campaign open on your 95, get it in to get three new lines if they didn't replace them with the new rail. Call Olds first to make sure (800-442-OLDS). The recall parts kit also included a new fuel filter. Local Cadillac dealer took care of it. My particular case was this: I had the fuel rail replaced at the very beginning of the recall. My 95 was waiting in the dealer's back lot for 2 months with a rail leak 'cause the recall wasn't quite official when I had it towed in. They had to wait for the new part # so they could order the new rail. Once the recall was official and they had a part# to order, they fixed the rail, but there was no new part ready for the 95-only return line so they left the recall 'open' on my car. I had just replaced that return fuel line 4 months earlier so I forgot about that for over 3 years until I got a letter from Olds saying the campaign was still open on my car. I filled out the reimbursement form for the cost of replacing the fuel return line myself and was denied due to the fact that I simply replaced a leaking old-style line with a new, old-style line and that I could go in and have that line swapped out with the new design line for free. It sprung a leak 1 month later so I towed it in.
Hope this heps someone.
Jay

Add your comment to this topic!