Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ok so here's my idea...

whiteracer
03-02-2003, 06:08 PM
I've been debating whether or not to leave my interior as is (stock), or to have my interior done professionally by Kreative Interior in South California, or as i think i remember seeing in another car, two custom seats in the front two in the back. I know i'd have to take out the back seats...my questions is: does anyone think it would look good to have four custom seats and the back seats would be split apart with a gap in the middle, what would it look like? would the carpet look bad or what? what's under there?

PaulD
03-03-2003, 07:28 PM
I thing there is only metal under there ...... you might consider making sometime of console to fill in the hole

whiteracer
03-03-2003, 08:50 PM
does anyone have any pics of what i'm talking about?

whiteracer
03-05-2003, 12:44 PM
am i even in the right forum with this question?

PaulD
03-05-2003, 02:58 PM
yea, this is the right forum .... just not sure everyone is on track with what you want to do. As I said, when you remove the bench style back seat, you will find that the carpet from the foot area only goes up so far under the bottom front of the seat. If you replace the bench with two bucket style front seats, you will most likely have a gap between them if the seats are mounted flush to the sides. I was suggesting making a center console like what you find between the front seats. You could make it into a rack to hold an amp or two, or a CD changer or put some other cool stuff in there ........ or even a hole for a pass thru for your sub box if you have a trunk.

whiteracer
03-05-2003, 03:02 PM
genius...

only problem is that i don't have a clue where to start or even if i want to spend that much money...I really like that idea of making a shelf that could hold my amp. I ain't that smart enough to do my interior like that so i'd be looking for a shop that could do that for me. Thanks though.

zippeay
03-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Hey whats up I used to work for a custom interior shop so I know all about this. Pretty much all you have to do is take out your stock seat in the rear and make brackets to mount the seats to the floor. If you don't know how to weld or even have a welder this would be pretty hard. The other guy was right about the carpeting it stops under the seat so you'll either have to make a piece to fill the gap or get carpet and cover the whole floor. I suggest getting one whole piece to cover the whole floor so you don't see a seem, carpets not cheap either. There are a lot of things you can do but if you've never done it trust me everything like that turns out to be a lot more work than you think it will be. I'm not saying you can't do it cause if your creative it can come out really nice but most people don't realize all the work involved in interior thats why its so hard to find people that do good work and also why it's so damn expensive. Well good luck either way post it when your done, I'm actually fiberglassing all my door panels and everything in my car right now so I'll post pics when I'm done.

whiteracer
03-06-2003, 02:44 PM
ok, thanks for the help. I doubt if any of this is possible for me to do. I don't weld. I haven't delt with brackets before. I ain't too creative in building a center piece either. I got some money to spend, but i don't know of any interior shops around Pasadena, CA that do custom interiors like that. I know of a couple places that do vinyl seats but i don't know if they could do what i want here. Anyways, thanks for the help and if anyone can understand what i'm trying to do here and has any tips then please help some more.

zippeay
03-06-2003, 02:49 PM
I'm from Riverside just look around and ask around, be sure to ask for pictures of their work though. A lot of places say they can do stuff they can't, trust me we used to fix stuff people mess up all the time. Your right in the middle of custom car heaven in Cali man. I'm stationed in South Carolina, there aint @#$% here, there should be a million places that can do it down there and do it right. I probably won't be cheap though, don't go for the cheapest cause you get for what you pay for.

Add your comment to this topic!