Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

8th graders + d15 civic = kill

MZR_47
04-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Ok, so im on my way back from picking my brother and three of his friends up from a movie way up north, and i live way down south of town, so i have a good 25 minute drive home. I wasnt looking forward to the drive, to say the least.

(This was all in a 93' Honda Accord EX with an F22 engine. roughly 140hp, god knows how little torque.)

Anyways, I get up there and pick the kids up. About half way back im turning onto the main 4 lane in town. I pull up behind this beat to crap white 90's generation civic. I see four kids in the car, and all of the sudden they all start yelling at a Celica GT that pulled up next to them in the opposite turn lane. All four of the 8th graders are smoking, being as obvious as possible to be as cool as possible, and trash talking the Celica guy calling his car a "slow pile of shit". This kept up for about a half a minute more while we were at the light, and I started to get pretty pissed off at these cocky 14 year olds.

So the light turns and of course the civic floors it, revealing to me that he has no exhaust, atleast no tip. Worst sound you can imagine. The GT also gets on it, and both gun it through the turn and the Celica pulls about a 2 cars on the civic (he had the inside lane, however). Hitting another light, I figured i would have some fun with the civic kids.

The next light turns, and the Celica doesnt take off this time. Civic kid rods on it, hardly moving, jerking as he goes. I follow the civic fairly close, because by this time i want a piece of this guy. I am about to switch to the left lane to get next to him, but the GT blows by me and the civic, and the passenger is giving the civic kid the bird. He gets about two cars ahead and slows to the speed limit.

Now comes the stupid part. I decide to hammer it and switch lanes, to piss the kids off. I fly by the civic and am coming up hard on the GT. I jerk into the right lane again, with roughly a car and a half of space between the two cars. One of the kids in the back said i missed the front end of the civic by less than a foot.

Civic kids are not too happy about this of course, and get right on my ass. I turn off and take them for a little ride through some residential streets. The kid keeps flashing his high beams at me. We eventually get back to the start of the 4 lane, and i turn onto it. I shift to 2nd, and hold it at about 3500 rpms. The civic turns and immediately gets on it. I let his nose get even with mine and gun it. His pull stopped pretty much instantly, and i shift to third with him about 2.5 cars back already. bring the Accord up to about 75 and let off. Civic is a good 6 or 7 cars back.

He flys by me, all four kids flipping me off. I laugh and continue on my way home.

All with 5 people in the car :)

silentscreams85
04-12-2008, 12:45 AM
didn't think 14 year olds could drive. interesting story :D

VR43000GT
04-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Good kill. I got my first car when I was 13 and started driving to school when I was 14. Actually kind of scary in hind-seight. Keep em' coming.

TorchedStealth
04-12-2008, 01:11 AM
didn't think 14 year olds could drive. interesting story :D

Just remember, me and MZR live in North Dakota...so things are a little "different" up here to say the least haha

silentscreams85
04-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Just remember, me and MZR live in North Dakota...so things are a little "different" up here to say the least haha

ah this is true. i'd like to see how many minutes someone could get away w/ that in socal traffic...it would be on every news station lol. crack smoking emotionally disturbed 14 year old goes on a shooting rampage, with his airsoft gun and is caught within minutes due to choosing a severely underpowered getaway car. theyd spend a good week on this story too.

ok im done...its much to early =/

MZR_47
04-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Yeah North Dakota lets you get your liscence at 14.5..... so you can drive your daddy's truck and tractor on the farm :S and I am serious about that. This shit happens all the time up here :)

Chiquae07
04-13-2008, 01:14 AM
o geez. i'll stay out of ND :D stay away from the 8th graders, they are evil.

sounds like you had some fun, to take the 1/2 hr trip off your mind.

AMGalltheway
04-13-2008, 09:33 PM
the part of the story he didnt tell you was every one else in traffic passing at a normal speed laughing at the heavy loaded up hondas

new2mitsu
04-13-2008, 09:40 PM
lol

MZR_47
04-13-2008, 10:15 PM
lol i never said it was high speed :) i have no illusions about my cars performance. I still have fun with her however

Stealing burger king trays and sticking them under your back tires and drifting:icon16:

TorchedStealth
04-14-2008, 09:30 AM
lol i never said it was high speed :) i have no illusions about my cars performance. I still have fun with her however

Stealing burger king trays and sticking them under your back tires and drifting:icon16:

Haha the tire still has a flat spot from me...my bad lol

MZR_47
04-14-2008, 10:22 PM
yes it does. sounds like a space shuttle at 65 mph.

WHUMPWHUMPWHUMPWHUMP

we need to rotate them tires anyways, front are getting bald from all the burnouts :) But I am somewhat interested in that RX-8.. cheaper than the speed3, but not as fast. I need to weigh my options here.

Either way i can still beat civics :)

TorchedStealth
04-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Gotian vs. cassies battle right now!

I said NOW dammit! Ha j/k! But any input on the rx8 would be helpful for MZR I'm sure

CassiesMan
04-15-2008, 10:01 AM
The RX8 is the RX7 for people who are afraid of forced induction...

The Mazdaspeed3 is the turbo Mazda for people who don't have the funds to keep an FD or FC running from hour to hour, let alone minute to minute.

It all depends on what you want. If you want to brag about going fast in the twisties, get the RX8. If you want to watch RX8s disapear in your rear view, get the Speed3. To get any power out of the 8, its gonna cost some major cash. But, on the same note, your starting off with a capable package for track racing and a nice rear drive platform. I drove an RX8 before I decided on the Speed3, and for me it was the power aspect. I don't do any track racing, and now that I'm back in Texas, twisties are few and far between compared to Mizzery. I would have been wasting what the RX8 was built for, and I also wanted forced induction without having to spend five grand in the aftermarket. So I went with the Speed. From what I've read of TorchedStealth, it sounds like in your area, the Speed3 may be a better choice for racing over the RX8.

RaeRae1
04-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Speed3 over Rx7 - at least in my opinion, they look better and have better power. Can't even test drive one here unless you are ready to sign the paperwork. I would love to own one though. Nice cars.

CassiesMan
04-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Speed3 over Rx7 - at least in my opinion, they look better and have better power. Can't even test drive one here unless you are ready to sign the paperwork. I would love to own one though. Nice cars.

Do you mean RX7 or RX8? Because if I had the funds for general mechanical hick ups and projects, I would take an FD or FC way over the Speed3.

MZR_47
04-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Well this is a curious turn of events...

Looks like im not going to go Mazda like my family was planning... A blue Cobalt SS/SC showed up on the local version of ebay. 27k miles, 05, perfect shape, gunmetal rims, all for 15k. its a steal if you ask me, and now my parents are wanting that because is 10k cheaper and my parents want to buy an Audi A6. So it all works out i guess, i will save alot of money that i can put towards mods. Disappointing that i can drive the mazda, i love how they look, sound, handle.. but i am only 17, and not exactly rolling in funds.

But i think that a Supercharged Cobalt will suffice my immediate needs :) nothing wrong with it at all. Most likely getting it this Friday if it goes through.

Time for a name/avatar change soon :D

silentscreams85
04-15-2008, 11:06 PM
now u can really embarass those 14 year olds :D hehe hope ya get ur car man

Add your comment to this topic!