Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aircare failure...

SteveCooke101
04-10-2008, 11:20 PM
So i went through aircare today and wouldnt u know i failed... The only thing i failed on was the NOX emissions. Any suggestions where to start? :banghead: :banghead:

xfeejayx
04-11-2008, 07:37 AM
what engine/model/year? First thing I would do is go to autozone and have them check if there are any stored trouble codes.

SteveCooke101
04-11-2008, 08:16 PM
its a 1996 dodge ram 1500 5.2L V8. i had it scanned not too long ago and there was an evap code which came up. Not too sure where to start so any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks alot..

steve

xfeejayx
04-12-2008, 11:24 PM
not sure what Aircare is exactly, but if its like the Illinois emission test, all they do is an OBD II scan to check for any (emission) codes. A stored evap code is an instant failure, so that is likely making you fail.
Get scanned again to see if the code is stored and write down exactly what code it is. Since you failed the test, the code is probably still there. The Autozone guys probably won't be much help at explaining what it means, but at least they can get you a number so you can get more help for it here.

Add your comment to this topic!