Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

F-150 update

Diesel2NR
03-02-2003, 01:21 PM
Well, after 3 weeks of cursing Revell for their [website edit] quality which is strongly expressed in this kit, the frame and suspension are finally done and then engine is mounted. Also, since I last posted, I looked at the interior tub and saw that the elmer's school glue gel hadn't held all of the flocking in place and I was then left with bare spots of red painted plastic again...to the CSC it went this morning. I finished painting my dash and seat though (pictured) and will be redoing the tub soon...hopefully with better glue this time. any ideas?? I even worked in small areas on there, but it still didn't hold well. For the wheels, I was once again cursing Revell. The posts you're supposed to mount the wheels on are made ONLY FOR THE KIT SUPPLIED WHEELS! So, I cut them off, drilled a hole, then used a small piece of paper clip as a post. Thing is, it worked like a charm, as this think is sitting level as can be. No rocking or anything. Something to be happy about. Anyway, I don't recommend this kit to anyone who is new to modeling and has a short temper, as I've thought about trashing it several times already, and I still have to finish the body paint :help:.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/638095100_0242.JPG

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/2775903.jpg

freakray
03-02-2003, 01:24 PM
John,
I do believe you would have been well and truly better off adding your update to this thread http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88627 which is your original F-150 Lightning update thread.

Now, I suggest you go and put your flame-proof suit on ;)

Ray

Diesel2NR
03-02-2003, 02:26 PM
I have it on. I updated that one when I finished the engine, and no one seemed to look at it. there were 5 new veiws, so I figured either everyone hated my work, or they thought it was the same thing from before. I'd hope for the second choice.

Midnight Racer
03-02-2003, 02:34 PM
Great job on the interior.Can't wait to see it done.

fullbloodchop01
03-02-2003, 02:40 PM
lookin good:cool:

themodelkid
03-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Hey, I use elmer's "mucilage" glue for flocking. It's clear, nd in a kinda weird shaped 3oz. bottle. Works good for me. Hope it helps.:smoker:

primera man
03-02-2003, 05:44 PM
Mmmmmmm....should look great when all done

Thor302
03-02-2003, 08:31 PM
look great i just started another lightning myself and i got some hoppin hydros for it too did you have to trim the rim or the axles to get them to fit inside the wheel wells?

Brandon_Miller
03-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Best way I've ever found to apply flocking is to paint the area to be covered in the same or similar color and while the paint is wet apply the flocking. When the paint dries it will hold the flocking in place.

Diesel2NR
03-03-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Thor302
look great i just started another lightning myself and i got some hoppin hydros for it too did you have to trim the rim or the axles to get them to fit inside the wheel wells?

I trimmed the ends of the axles. It was the post that the stock rim was supposed to fit onto. Don't trim it too short, as you'll cut off the area where the brakes (also crappily molded :mad: ). Then I drilled a hole and superglued a properly sized paper clip into place, making a new wheel post.

Add your comment to this topic!