'01 Mirage. Need help/advice/suggestions!?!

Turdmuffin_1
04-10-2008, 06:44 AM
I tried reading through everything to figure out for myself, but my situation is confusing. My car died. I thought it was either the fuel pump or the timing belt. I asked the person who towed it to look at these two things. See if the belt is there, see if the pump is at least powering up. That's all I asked. I ended up with a bill over seven hundred dollars. The fuel pump was replaced. One coil was replaced, and they were switched (*). The computer was replaced. It still would not start. I was told that the timing belt was fine. Ok. I had it towed to the dealership. They told me that the timing belt was 'shattered' at the bottom. It was replaced. They did not charge me for the labor or the part. We drove it off of the lot. The breaks were grinding and would hardly stop, but they began to work after a little use. The car started dying, and revving. Randomly. We took it back. They said it was brought in without... the .. breather? I think. He said it was the hose that connected and told it how much gas it needed to use to balance the oxygen. They also said that they took the 'new' computer out and put the original back, because nothing was wrong with it. Ok. We got that back. Got it home. The entire console is in the backseat. I had to put the backseat in myself. The computer is in the floorboard. (The guy from the dealership said it came like that, and he didn't mess with it, because he didn't know what was going on.) And the car is idling way too high. It's caused my breaks to go out, just driving it about 100 miles. It's so high that in two blocks without using the gas myself, it will go to forty.
What do I do? I've been told to reset the idle myself. Then I was told not to touch that, to have someone else do it, because you're not supposed to do it yourself. I was told to replace the breaks and take it back to the dealership to have it looked at again.
The first place is insisting that I pay them. I'm not happy about this. They did not even make an effort to do what I had asked. I'm very upset that the problem was in the belt, and I had asked them to look at that. They said that they will not fix the idle, the brakes, or put the inside of my car back to how it was when it was taken to them.
I know that I'm asking a lot. But, I need some advice. In the type of work I do, I'm very dependant on my vehicle. I need a solution asap.
Could the problem possibly be in the coils? They said that they replaced one and switched them around. Why would the idle be so high anyway? Please help me.

azntech630
01-13-2009, 12:13 AM
your probably have a misfire in your chamber causes it to idle hard like tha whole engine is about to drop down. The dealership should be able to fix your car unless they don't know what they're doing. If you know what I know about dealerships haha you wouldn't believe if i told you

'97ventureowner
01-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed.

Add your comment to this topic!