S-10 just blow air out of dash vents

gravyd
04-09-2008, 05:44 PM
My 2001 4x4 S-10 just blows air out of the dashboard vents no matter where the switch is. No defroster air or air going to the floor. The heater blows hot air and the AC blows cold air but it will only come out of the dash, no other place. Could the dash control switch be bad or should I look someplace else before tearing thihgs apart?

dragon_kin01
04-10-2008, 07:58 PM
sounds like u are goin to have to rip apart ur duct work and see if ur blend door its broken. if u arent gettin air anywhere but the dash the air isnt bein rediredted. idk exactly where the blend door is but its in the duct work

gravyd
04-13-2008, 11:48 AM
It started working again on it's own, possible vac. problem?

16th hippy
04-14-2008, 04:29 AM
should be a palstic bulb on the hood, or in engine bay, is a vacuum canister, do think it supplies vacuum to system for mode/blend operation. would be good place to start.

gravyd
04-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks, that sounds like a good place to start.

hangun61
04-29-2008, 01:05 PM
My 96 S10 2.2 5 speed did the same thing last winter. Under the hood, I found a vacuum hose that was rotted away. A 1/4 inch hose that runs from the vacuum module to the other side of the engine comp't. Easy fix. Double check all of the vacuum lines under the hood before ripping apart your dash.

Good luck

carbide00
02-27-2009, 08:20 PM
My 2000 s-10 will not switch air flow to the floor. I have defrost and top-vent, but not Floor. Could i have the same problem with a bad hose and are the air hoses toward the bottom of the engine compartment for the floor vents?

rontomed
08-16-2011, 01:18 PM
My 1999 S10 Blazer LT 4.3L 2WD with computerized climate control will not switch air flow to the floor. I have defrost and top-vent all of the time no matter what position the switch is in, but not to the Floor. Under the hood I have replaced 2 short 5/32" vacuum hoses that connects to a T junction (the other ends where connected by feeling, I could not see them) and 1 long 7/32" vacuum hose that runs from the same T junction to under the throttle body. They where all rotted. No change in the behavior of my air vents. I can not find a plastic vacuum ball. Is it the nipple sticking out of the finder well into the engine compartment or under the Kelsey - Hayes ABS system? How can I gain access to it? Any other possible causes?

MT-2500
08-17-2011, 08:17 AM
My 1999 S10 Blazer LT 4.3L 2WD with computerized climate control will not switch air flow to the floor. I have defrost and top-vent all of the time no matter what position the switch is in, but not to the Floor. Under the hood I have replaced 2 short 5/32" vacuum hoses that connects to a T junction (the other ends where connected by feeling, I could not see them) and 1 long 7/32" vacuum hose that runs from the same T junction to under the throttle body. They where all rotted. No change in the behavior of my air vents. I can not find a plastic vacuum ball. Is it the nipple sticking out of the finder well into the engine compartment or under the Kelsey - Hayes ABS system? How can I gain access to it? Any other possible causes?

Best to start a New thread on your problem.
Give all info.
Like auto Ac controls or manual controls.

rontomed
08-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Best to start a New thread on your problem.
Give all info.
Like auto Ac controls or manual controls.

"...computerized climate control..." indicates that it has Auto and Manual setting capabilities.

MT-2500
08-17-2011, 01:21 PM
"...computerized climate control..." indicates that it has Auto and Manual setting capabilities.

Hit the New Thread button and start your post.
Vent flow problems are usualy vacumn to heater controls.

First thing confirm the heater controls ar getting good full engine vacumn.

Do you have good full engine vacumn to AC/Heater control?
Check with a vacumn gage.

rontomed
08-17-2011, 01:35 PM
I started a new thread at the same time I posted my last reply to this thread. I will test the VACUUM.

Add your comment to this topic!