Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 3.2 V6 Lse

campo
04-09-2008, 12:42 AM
I am the original owner, with 99000 miles on the truck. I use this truck to run down to our vacation home in Baja Mexico and I want to avoid an alternator problem. It is the original oem alt.

I have a retired “ex-pat” neighbor down there that made his living as a mechanic for many years. He has nothing but time on his hands and loves to work on cars and will only accept “Beer” as payment. He asked me to get (bearing kit & brush pack) for the alternator and he would clean it up for me.

Today I called St Charles and ordered some other parts and when I asked about the Alternator parts, he said it was not going to happen, and I wont find them anywhere, he could only get a oem remanufactured Alt for $400. So after I got off the phone I was thinking, someone is reconditioning these things and has bearings & brushes but who and where is what I would like Know.

I know that these trucks typically only like oem alts, and was wondering if bosch is going to work in this 2000 3.2 V6, if yes. what would the spec’s be.

Thanks

Roy

trooperbc
04-09-2008, 02:22 AM
i don't know where you can get rebuild parts for the alternators, but........

I know that these trucks typically only like oem alts, and was wondering if bosch is going to work in this 2000 3.2 V6, if yes. what would the spec’s be.

Thanks

Roy all the alternators you can get for isuzu suv's will be rebuilt (inferior) or remanufactured (to a higher standard) OEM units, even from the dealer. definitely stay away from the bigboxpartsstore bargainpriced units. my favorite for value and excellent quality are the remanufactured by bosch units. they can be had from independent parts stores and can sometimes be ordered from the bigbox places.

as to the parts, you can try a local stateside electrical shop that rebuilds alternators and maybe they will sell you the parts if that's what you want to do.

//bc

campo
04-09-2008, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the reply bc...
I remember a couple years ago reading about the 2 gen rodeo's having problems with after market alts. I think they created a lot of electrical nightmare's for 2 gen's, I am sure that this has all been sorted out by now, and for peace of mind I am going for the re=manu bosch. With almost 100k on this original alt I think I'm over due.

Thanks again.

Add your comment to this topic!