Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

one problem about engine starting

qqharlem
04-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Some time ago, I was asked one question that is why the engine can't be started on the condition of oil circuit and electcity circuit both of which were normal.any guy can tell me why?

Stealthee
04-08-2008, 07:01 AM
What exactly are you asking?

And whats the point of the poll?

qqharlem
04-08-2008, 07:54 AM
What exactly are you asking?

And whats the point of the poll?
I pasted here for the first time and didnt know how to operate here,anyone here dont need to participate in the poll.I want to remove the poll ,who can tell how to do it.
Mr Stealthee~,dont you understand the content i pasted here?
Now i repeat my meaning
There is noting wrong with the oil circuit and electcity circuit in one engine,but the engine cant be started ,can you tell me why?

AutostradaVR4
04-08-2008, 10:04 AM
way too vague. we can probably help you, but we need a better description of the problem first. What exactly are the symptoms? does it turn over and not fire? or does it not turn over at all? Any odd sounds? have you checked to see if it's getting spark and fuel? have you checked the timing?

Stealthee
04-08-2008, 11:50 AM
There is a slight language barrier here.

We have no clue why your car wont start. There is no "oil circuit", other than what tells the oil light when to come on (low pressure) and the gauge.

There could be many issues from no spark, no fuel, timing is out, etc etc etc. You have to do some self diagnosis and come back with more info.

qqharlem
04-08-2008, 11:05 PM
the oil supply system and electcity circuit work well,in other word,the engine
can get spark and fuel, BUT it cant started. I havnt checken other parts .

qqharlem
04-09-2008, 12:07 AM
I felt sorry for having made two mistakes:the first one is i made fuel supply system as the oil circuit ,the second is mistakenly used the word "on " which shuld be "in "

Stealthee
04-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Now we're getting somewhere.

You have spark, you have fuel.

What year is the car?

Its possible the ECU is bad. Its possible cam timing is off (ie broken t belt) Its possible ignition timing is screwy (depending on year)

Add your comment to this topic!