Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Mark VIII-Damsel in Distess

Joannadoo
04-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Front air bladders and trans leaking.Took to one shop who couldn't do diagnostics on air ride, but did say trans front seal needed to be replaced. Found a shop to diagnose air ride.Bought a susp conversion kit-all 4 wheels and took back to 2nd shop to have them convert and replace all trans seals. Shop said I also needed the main rear oil seal replaced.Told them to do it. Don't trust shops-usually wrench myself but I couldn't do this one. Picked up the car and asked tech if he disabled the "check air ride". Said he cut the wire, but it didn't work.(?) They had the instructions with the kit from AmAirGet in the car and my antenna won't go up. Is the antenna wire in the same gray connector and he cut the wrong one?Drove home, car sat for 2 days. When I moved it, huge puddle of oil under it and my oil level warning goes off.(?) Jacked it up and oil appears to be leaking from up above oil pan on trans side.Is that where the oil seal is that they replaced?It never had an oil leak and leaks trans fluid in 4 spots instead of 1.I bought another car and just wanted to get the Mark sellable w/o spending alot of money.Just moving it around the driveway, it now shakes with the vibration of the motor and is making a very strange (compression?) sound.Been too busy to take it back-12 miles away-but now the labor warranty will be up in a couple of days and have to take it back.I think I'll have to have it towed cuz it runs sooooo badly.I'm thinking they screwed up but can't find answers in my Helms and need something to back me up or they'll say something else is wrong with it now and want me to pay to fix it.Already spent $1300 and it Blue Books for $2500.Please....need someone's expertise.

ErickTR
08-14-2008, 09:40 AM
If you are dealing with a franchise repair shop contact their corporate office and tell them what you have experienced. Normally they will direct the franchise owner to fix the problem.
Outside of that small claims court. Sounds like the shop is playing on your ignorance of automotives.
Get you a second or third opinion. Use a credit card to pay and if they don't do the job right stop the payments.
http://reviews.ebay.com/Lincoln-Mark-VIII-front-conversion-kit_W0QQugidZ10000000001804237

Add your comment to this topic!