Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

B&M/ Ralco rz short shift install?

Scofo
04-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Hey, i ordered a b&m short shift, they were outta stock and sent me a ralco RZ same year and basically close to the same thing but refunded my difference. Down fall is, i cant get it in on my own. do you know any places i can look.

everywhere has them for hondas and a few more for subarus and mitsus. i cant find one with out buying a 30$ something or paying 15$ there.

Can anyone help me?

1) take off knob + boot
2) remove nuts... (one is hard to reach)
3) ..
i got stuck here, with seeing how to get it completly i didnt wanna risk not driving to work the other night.

Classicrocjunkie
04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
remove center console
disconnect shift linkage

Replace old parts with the new ones.

i only have the directions for the 00-05 j-body's and i know they are really different.

Scofo
04-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks, same thing the guy who is rebuilding it told me. i just didnt wanna wait till june when i rebuild to pop it in :(
oh well. guess ill try again when i got some free time on tuesday. if anyone else has anything to add, im up for any advice.

is there an easy way to remove shifter linkage w/o possibly f'n my A in the process? Working on a car isnt foriegn i just was wondering bout easier ways.

Classicrocjunkie
04-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Wow, this looks like a bitch compared to the 00-05 models....

Here ya go buddy

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=338421&t=338317

Scofo
04-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks man, illl go tueday to the junk yard and see if i cant get it apart easiely. that way i wont mess mine up and ill have the extra clip parts.
thanks bro
sco

Scofo
04-15-2008, 08:49 PM
im going to make a new thread with how to do it, just got done!
i love it, i need some more lube on it to smooth it out but i can get it tmorrow. the ralco does work nicely. way more than a 25% difference

Add your comment to this topic!