fogged tail lights

terrorizr
04-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know if those all black tail lamps are legal in CA? I have a Silverado and Eclipse and a Firebird, and i want to make all their tail lamps black, but i dont know if they are legal and i dont want to get in trouble.

blindeyed
04-05-2008, 01:44 AM
No, they're not legal in any state. I have yet to be pulled over for them (been painted for over a year now). But when I had the snap on covers that go over your tail lights, I always had people shouting at me that my lights were out and got hassled by the cops alot. I do keep a spare set of tail lights boxed up in the garage in case I do get pulled over for them and have to go show proof that I fixed them. Only reason why I nightshaded this set of tail lights is because I got them for free from the guy I bought my new hood and front bumper from. He was going to toss them out since they were all delaminated and looked horrible. So I thought I could put them to use.

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/267665934.jpg

terrorizr
04-06-2008, 02:50 PM
oh...their not? i thought maybe they were since i've seen a lot of cars like that and even some with the headlights all black. Well then i'll just put them in one and if i get in trouble i'll just take them off. thanks for the reply

z28 boy
04-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I never got hassled and i had headlight, tail light and signal light covers for 3 years....about a month ago i painted my tail lights and signals and got pulled over for it the same day i finished them.....but i aint taking them off...they looks sooooooo much better painted than with covers.

bag91
04-10-2008, 04:55 PM
I never got hassled and i had headlight, tail light and signal light covers for 3 years....about a month ago i painted my tail lights and signals and got pulled over for it the same day i finished them.....but i aint taking them off...they looks sooooooo much better painted than with covers.
I tinted mine with the night shade stuff. . .it works well if you wet sand it. but if you dont it kinda looksdull and uneven. I even sprayed some clear coat on em for protection and the gloss

Add your comment to this topic!