Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fast and Furious 4

Gotian
04-02-2008, 10:01 AM
They already started filming and it looks like they have reuinited Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. It also looks like seeing the new GT-R in the movie is a big possibility since they do mention flashy new Nissan. Check it out

Fast and Furious 4 (http://imdb.com/title/tt1013752/plotsummary)

it also looks like they killed off Michelle Rodrigues's character.

Greenblurr93
04-02-2008, 10:09 AM
They killed her off to make room for this scene...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/t0ekneeTouch/4gg7y3tzf1zh9.jpg

CassiesMan
04-02-2008, 10:12 AM
^Epic LOL.

Gotian
04-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Dude awsome pic! I fell out of my chair!

Anyways here is some more info I found from a website, they have pics of some of the cars, including some videos while they are filming. They have video from after they shot the cemetary seen after her death, also the movie takes place before tokyo drift.

http://www.fastandfurious4.co.uk/

Gotian
04-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh and check out the cast listing so far, Han from part 3 (The only actual cool guy in that movie, though it was entertaining) is in this movie probably to tie in some open plot holes.

Greenblurr93
04-02-2008, 10:22 AM
yeah, otherwise it wouldnt make sence to have "Han" come back from the dead... haha

And you gotta love photoshop....

EDIT: Beat my post by second.....

CassiesMan
04-02-2008, 10:29 AM
In the previous films the cars were fast. It’s not until the fourth that we see the fury of these vehicles

I dunno why that one makes me laugh.

So I guess the American kid from the fourth one wont be in it, or we will have a massive plot hole. So massive infact:

http://www.starkeith.net/coredump/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/divide-by-zero.gif

And of course they had to kill off Rodriguez. Having a ratio of 1:1 or greater of women to men would destroy the homoerotic sexual tension.

rice(er)
04-02-2008, 11:21 AM
if i wanted to see girls making out, i'd watch pR0n

cars in car movies plz.......

GForce957
04-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I dunno why that one makes me laugh.

So I guess the American kid from the fourth one wont be in it, or we will have a massive plot hole. So massive infact:

http://www.starkeith.net/coredump/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/divide-by-zero.gif

And of course they had to kill off Rodriguez. Having a ratio of 1:1 or greater of women to men would destroy the homoerotic sexual tension.

Pwned by Starkeith.net

As bad as the others were, although I thought the 3rd wasn't that bad and Han was my fav character out of all of them, most of us will see this one too.

Gotian
04-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Pwned by Starkeith.net

As bad as the others were, although I thought the 3rd wasn't that bad and Han was my fav character out of all of them, most of us will see this one too.

Yeah han was my favorite character in the 3rd too. I liked all the movies to a degree, the second one was definately the worst though. Part 1 and tokyo drift were pretty even to me as far as how much i liked them.

This one doesnt seem to look that bad either.

-The Stig-
04-02-2008, 01:35 PM
It sounds like it's the same plot as 2 fast 2 Furious only instead of running Drug Money for the bad guy. They're running Drugs.

Real creative.

Gotian
04-02-2008, 02:38 PM
It sounds like it's the same plot as 2 fast 2 Furious only instead of running Drug Money for the bad guy. They're running Drugs.

Real creative.

Yeah but its better with Vin Diesel than Tyrese in there.

RACER D12
04-02-2008, 08:33 PM
YYYYEEEESSSS!!!!!

Sorry I really do enjoy these movies. Means will get a whole new batch of boy racers to beat down.

CassiesMan
04-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Yeah but its better with Vin Diesel than Tyrese in there.

Thats like asking if you'd rather get ass raped in prison, or in a back alley. No matter what choice you picked, your gonna hate yourself for it in the morning.

Musashi3000GT
04-03-2008, 12:14 AM
I think these movies are done as a slap-in-the-face to anyone whos part of the car culture.

I seriously do believe that the people who financially back up these movies hate cars! they probably sit at Sonics on thursday nights and trash talk the club guys. They hire directors who know nothing, absolutley NOTHING about cars to do these films. The actors are not convincing at all, the writers use the wrong terminology on purpose and simple cinematic angles that would make the cars look great are replaced by cheap budget CGI.

That cheesy ass live-action Initial-D was a masterpiece compared to these movies.
I will defenetly not see this movie! I hate the hype all the ricers give it, I hate the fact that it makes me and my people look like fools in the eyes of the masses, I hate the butchery that those poor car go through and the hightend police awareness that it brings.

Im done with the F&F franchise like Chris Rock is done with Michael Jackson! No more.

GForce957
04-03-2008, 01:09 AM
I think these movies are done as a slap-in-the-face to anyone whos part of the car culture.

I seriously do believe that the people who financially back up these movies hate cars! they probably sit at Sonics on thursday nights and trash talk the club guys. They hire directors who know nothing, absolutley NOTHING about cars to do these films. The actors are not convincing at all, the writers use the wrong terminology on purpose and simple cinematic angles that would make the cars look great are replaced by cheap budget CGI.

That cheesy ass live-action Initial-D was a masterpiece compared to these movies.
I will defenetly not see this movie! I hate the hype all the ricers give it, I hate the fact that it makes me and my people look like fools in the eyes of the masses, I hate the butchery that those poor car go through and the hightend police awareness that it brings.

Im done with the F&F franchise like Chris Rock is done with Michael Jackson! No more.

But have you seen the others?

My point exactly. While yes I agree with you totally, they need an actual car guys movie, this is what they make and what they think appeals to the masses, and im guessing that it does an OK job in sales since this is the 4th one coming out. Maybe one day they can make an actual representation of what is out there, fast and the furious is not it, but im gonna suck it up and watch it instead of Love Actually or some shit.

Greenblurr93
04-03-2008, 05:49 AM
even though i hate everything about these movies (all of them) I will probabl end up watching myself.. we all will...

silentscreams85
04-03-2008, 08:41 AM
these movies are entertainment, not documentaries. of course things are WAY overexaggerated. but i do agree it can tarnish the view people have about car guys/car clubs etc. i would really like to see a "real" movie or documentary on the car culture, not a hollywood fluff overhyped one.

CassiesMan
04-03-2008, 09:14 AM
But have you seen the others?

My point exactly. While yes I agree with you totally, they need an actual car guys movie, this is what they make and what they think appeals to the masses, and im guessing that it does an OK job in sales since this is the 4th one coming out. Maybe one day they can make an actual representation of what is out there, fast and the furious is not it,

The problem is, an accurate representation would be a movie of a bunch of loosers (us) sitting around in a parking lot talking smack for an hour with a few less than thrilling 1/4ish mile races, or just a video of some one roaming around picking up a race here or there. They add the dramatic elements that we make fun of in order to move along a story.

The first one sucked because no one knew dirt from dog shit about cars when it came out. The second one sucked because Kimi Riekkinon (I know I fucked that up) has a greater range of emotions than the entire cast, combined. The third one was getting better. The story line was at least ok to follow, and the acting was better than the previous two. Hopefully, number four will continue an upward trend.

But you can't really expect to see any really good movies about this anymore, and for a few reasons. First, 99.9% of Hollywood now is a bunch of pussies. Seriously. There are no more cool, hard ass types in Hollywood anymore that the American public would accept. Seriously, who would you have in a movie about "real" street racing? Brad Pitt? Tom Cruise? Exactly. The first thing we need to make car movies cool again is to bring back the real bad asses. The actors they have for these movies are "artificially cool". They haven't really done anything to make them cool, just "pop culture" does it for them. A young Jack Nicholson, Paul Newman, James Dean, and of course, the king of all that is cool, Steve McQueen. We need guys like that to bring out the depths of characters for these movies, the classic anti-hero.

Second, cars just aren't cool anymore. The media has succeded wonderfully in vilianizing the automobile in American culture. Everything wrong with the world can and will be blamed on the car. Movies like this appeal to an amazing minority sub culture. Until we make the step away from this global warming is caused only by the car and absolutely nothing else, no actor that will bring revenue into a movie will attach their name to it.

I was saying this over in another forum I belong to a while back. We were discussing a Skyline theft and how the community pretty much banded together and over night they caught the theif and had him arrested and everything. The thing is, there are not enough car people anymore because its just not cool anymore. Its that simple. Its not cool to have grease under your fingernails from changing your oil. Its not cool to know how to do the work yourself. Its not cool to sit around on a Saturday and drink a beer and do some wrenching.

Now, I, much like most of you in here, could give two shits about what some prissy ass popped coller pussy ass gender neutral clone cares about what I do.

But...pop culture does care. And so do the backers of these movies. They want an ROI, and the only way they can get that is to hire some polished hollywood prince, throw in some flavor of the week hottie, and have high speed chases and explosions and all that stuff, mix it with a predictable story line and minor doses of diolouge, and bingo, you got your teen movie of the hour.

The only way we are going to bring back movies like Bullitt, Two Lane Blacktop, Easy Rider, American Graffitti, Le Mans, or any of those real car guy movies, is to make it cool to be a car guy again.

but im gonna suck it up and watch it instead of Love Actually or some shit.

Kiss my ass. I like Love Actually.

CassiesMan
04-03-2008, 09:19 AM
these movies are entertainment, not documentaries. of course things are WAY overexaggerated. but i do agree it can tarnish the view people have about car guys/car clubs etc. i would really like to see a "real" movie or documentary on the car culture, not a hollywood fluff overhyped one.

Exactly. The main reason I go to see these movies is to turn my brain off for a few hours, drink a coke, eat some popcorn, and enjoy myself. But I don't think these movies alone can tarnish the way people veiw car clubs and such. It was done along time ago when the car became the root of all that is evil in this world.

But when you say "real" movie or documentary on the car culture...you think that will help any more? What would you put in it? Cannonball or the Gumball/Player's Run/ Bull Run? The "real" street scene? The only way you'll get a car culture movie out that changes the veiw of the world is if it involves people in Prii and Minivans shooting for the best miliage they can get while planting trees and protesting the use of oil.

Sleepr awd
04-03-2008, 10:00 PM
i'm with cassie, the car guys in this area organize a night to go see the movie, and make fun of all the things in the movie, and then make fun of the ricers that are being hardcore in the parking lot.

And we drive real cars.

MZR_47
04-03-2008, 11:00 PM
They are good movies to laugh at, in my opinion. Cant get enough of 2Fast2Furious' Evo going in reverse at 85mph and having the engine sound like its freakin idling.

WOO!

I may go, just to laugh at it and the 13 year old kids walking out talking about how badass that lime-green Civic Si that can fly and drive through walls was, and how they can actually do that in real life.

GForce957
04-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Kiss my ass. I like Love Actually.

I saw it once and I was debating whether to like it, but then I grew more chest hair and my decision was made.

Musashi3000GT
04-03-2008, 11:32 PM
going to see this movie is just giving into your inner ricer!

I dont think a movie has to be a documentary in order to be accurate. It dossent have to be boring in order to be realistic.

im just saying if your gonna make a movie then do your research.
And stunts dont have to be CGI and far-fetched to be good.
A regular episode of Top-Gear with Clarkson or the Stig driving a sports car has more unbelivable and breathtaking moments then all 3 F&F movies put together.

Mad Max, Taxi 1 and 2 (the original french version), Cannon-Ball Run 1 and 2, Legend of speed, Over-rev, Badlands, Dream Machine.

All badass car movies! there are movies out there that do the car fanatics justice. F&F is the anti-car car movie(s).
You guys go ahead.

Chiquae07
04-04-2008, 12:54 AM
going to see this movie is just giving into your inner ricer!

I dont think a movie has to be a documentary in order to be accurate. It dossent have to be boring in order to be realistic.

im just saying if your gonna make a movie then do your research.
And stunts dont have to be CGI and far-fetched to be good.
A regular episode of Top-Gear with Clarkson or the Stig driving a sports car has more unbelivable and breathtaking moments then all 3 F&F movies put together.

Mad Max, Taxi 1 and 2 (the original french version), Cannon-Ball Run 1 and 2, Legend of speed, Over-rev, Badlands, Dream Machine.

All badass car movies! there are movies out there that do the car fanatics justice. F&F is the anti-car car movie(s).
You guys go ahead.

agreed. i will watch this for my inner ricer. i dont want stickers everywhere...wait i do. just not on my car.

i will admit it though, i used to play sega gt when it first game out and gran turismo, and that got me started. the first F&F got me into street cars though, not track cars. it blew up the import generation of tuning. either way, if that movie diddnt come out, i prob would be driving some random econobox...wait i am :).

i do agree on the top gear thing. i was amazed when they used the computer to have the skyline jump over the supra and etc, but my jaw was litterally dropped for 5 minutes straight when captin slow confirmed the bugatti's top speed of 253 i think it was on the show. i simply couldnt believe it. no need for crazy computer things here, just good entertainment. it wouldnt appear to the masses, but the real car enthusists would love it.

yet again, they do have to make this movie appeal to everyone, so there has to be a rapper in it that talks about drugs all the time in his songs, prob dj khaled or rick ross or someone from miami will be in it, and have the donks crew and etc...

so yes i will watch it for entertainment, not knowlage.

VR43000GT
04-04-2008, 02:11 AM
so yes i will watch it for entertainment, not knowlage.

Not me. I've learned more on how to live my life from F&F than my family and school combined. Dat musst b' why I is so JDM fo life j0!

CassiesMan
04-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I saw it once and I was debating whether to like it, but then I grew more chest hair and my decision was made.

Pssht. Hot British chicks, hot british chicks neked, hot American chicks, hot American chick insinuating nekednis, refrences to using the SAS to assasinate people, and Kierra Knightly. Whats not to like?

Polygon
04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
They killed her off to make room for this scene...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/t0ekneeTouch/4gg7y3tzf1zh9.jpg

Holy shiot!!!!!!

I just about died laughing. :lol:

Anyhow, I might joke, but I'll still go see it. It can't be worse that Tokyo Drift.

GForce957
04-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Kiera knightley needs to eat some cheeseburgers

-Jayson-
04-10-2008, 01:47 PM
cassieman is right, carclubs are really lame. Seriously all we do is hang out friday nights and talk endlessly about cars. And most of what we talk about is so far beyond the scope of the average person, no one would understand the movie.

These movies arent bad for entertainment the problem with them, is in order to make them entertaining, they need to add ALOT of fiction to the scene. And unfortunately the majority of the society buys that fiction as fact and views people who mods as such. Thats why i really hate these movies.

Once this movie comes out your going to see a huge influx in the number of news reports about street related racing deaths, and then when you read the report you realise it had nothing to do with street racing, but it makes the story better because society is mad at street racers. Your also going to see cops harassing people who modify there cars more.

Then of course F&F movies are like star nebulas. They are the birth place for alot of car enthusiast. As much as i hate to admit it, the first F&F is what got me into cars. Im sure alot of other people here can say F&F had an impact on there interest in cars.

Unfortunately F&F doesnt give birth to car enthusiast, it gives birth to ricers. Most kids will see that movie and suddently think there moms minivan is a Nissan GTR. If you have ever watched opening night of a F&F movie, when the movie gets out, all you see are slow average everyday cars peeling out and racing down the street. Its really sad. But not as sad as when they get to AutoZone and Pepboys. NOw the new born ricer thinks they are cool and in the car modding scene. But after a while they begin to realise that all the cars kicking there ass in races or just ignoring them have nothing they have. They are cleaner, prettier, faster, and a hell of alot nicer. Then car envy begins to take over the little ricer. He realises hes the laughing stock of the car community and starts doing more listening then blabbing about intake and stickers. He also gets older and gets more money, so he buys a better car, learns more because he is listening to his peers and modding a real performance car that people are willing to help him mod. And thus the car enthusiast is born via F&F movies.

Add your comment to this topic!