Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

car frame question

goregoregirl
04-01-2008, 08:59 PM
i am thinking about buying a 2000 honda ex, it runs perfect but the frame has been welded, and upon further inspection i noticed the weld seem is smooshy, i assume its bondo but im hoping its something that will actually hold or possibly just something over the actual weld i dont see bolts holding the frame on either......can anyone help me?

Ray paulsen
04-01-2008, 10:51 PM
I can give you an opinion as to what I think about vehicle's with frame damage, simply stay away from the deal

If you went shopping for a chair that cost $100. and right next to it the identical chair $40. but the sticker said all 4 legs were broken at one point but now glued together and declared safe... THATS FRAME DAMAGE how safe would you feel sitting on it, never mind going down the hwy at 70 mph.

Hopefully that answers your question without me being sarcasm.

goregoregirl
04-02-2008, 01:46 AM
much appreciated! have you ever heard of anyone putting a car together with bondo....it seems a bit strange to me.... especially from a car lot, asking more than its worth

72chevelleOhio
04-02-2008, 02:08 AM
, it runs perfect but the frame has been welded, and upon further inspection i noticed the weld seem is smooshy,
So they didn't disclose to you that the vehicle was in an accident or had been repaired? You just happen to find it?
If the weld is "smooshy" then it could be undercoating sprayed on the weld to keep the weld from rusting.
What did the dealer say? Did you point it out?
The whole deal sounds shady so far....I think I would just walk away...

goregoregirl
04-02-2008, 12:29 PM
thank you, that makes much more sense. so is it just impossible to find a decent honda for 8-10k?

Add your comment to this topic!