Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Alpine 2ways Cutting Out

SCUDERIA-FERRARI
03-31-2008, 12:02 AM
i have a 2005 hyundai elantra gt, it has tweeters at the top of the doors, 5 X 4's at the bottom of the doors and then 2 6 x 9's in the rear deck.

i replaced the stock bottom door speakers with alpine type s 5 x 4's 2 ways a long time ago, they worked fine. then recently i replaced the the stock cd player with a alpine 9883 cd player. door speakers still worked fine for a day. the day after i had the cd player installed at best buy the drivers side lower door stopped working, passenger side still worked. then i replaced the stock back deck speakers with alpine type s 6 x 9's 2 ways. then a few days later the passenger side lower speaker quit working. well going down the road every now and then the lower door speakers come on for just a few seconds then stop again. i took the doors apart and looked at the connections and wires. everything looked fine. and i realized the tweeter in the speaker still works. just the woofer doesnt. and the tweeter at the top of the doors and my rear deck speakers still work fine...????????:banghead: :screwy:

any help would be greatly appreciated!

PaulD
03-31-2008, 05:23 PM
sounds like you have the speaker load on the 9883 all whacked out.

Add your comment to this topic!