Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

is it fuel injector problem

khurramahmed
03-28-2008, 08:42 PM
I have a 2005 Toyota camry LE, with 67K miles.

its been running pretty good, and I had all the regular maintenance done.

but now for last few days I am having this problem, the symptons are

the way it started was that Motor didn't have enough power, especially with pick up, also when running I could feel vibration in the engine which felt very uncomfortable.

first I thought that it might need oil change so I took it to the dealership, they did the oil change and told me that it feels like fuel injector system needs service, but to findout the exact problem I need to leave the car at the dealership which will cost me around $100. I didn't leave it at dealer.

A friend told me to use the fuel injector cleaner fluid in gas tank.
I used it and it felt a little better, but now it feels like the Motor doesn't have enought power with pickup.

when I press the gas pedal, RPM goes up, motor gets loud but not good pickup, and after 2 or 3 seconds motor has way too much power, that it feels hard hitting the transmission, just like you change the gear in stick shift car at high RPMs. also after that transmission shifts hard.

I took it to another shop and they said it might be motor mounts. but I dont believe in that.

I think its either Fuel Injectors, spark plugs, fuel filter or some adjustment problem.

can someone help me to findout the exact problem and where should I take it to get fixed, I live in Sacramento, Ca. Thanks

davemac2
03-29-2008, 12:06 PM
maybe you can elaborate a little more on the symptoms. How does it idle and startup cold or warm starts? Is it vibrating while in park?

Your last symptom of the engine revving high then jerking sounds like your transmission is slipping. Check the level of your trans fluid after the car has sat overnite and before you start it up in the morning. There is a cold and hot mark on the dip stick. Make sure the fluid level is at least above the cold mark. Also see if the fluid is fairly clean, ie. a light red, not brown.

For $100, I'd let the dealer diagnose it at least. It may be more than one problem.

If you want me to have a quick look at it and give you an opinion, pm me. I'm in Sac.

dave mc

khurramahmed
03-30-2008, 02:55 PM
sure I can come to see you, what is your address and contact number.
you can reply me at apnakhurram@yahoo.co.in

Brian R.
03-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Bring beer

Add your comment to this topic!