Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hobby shops in Northern Italy/Southern Switzerland

Murray Kish
03-28-2008, 01:49 PM
All,

I am going to be in the northern areas of Italy, as well as the southern areas of Switzerland (Ticino), for a couple of visits.

Can anyone recommend some hobby-shops to share some of my hard-earned $CDN with??

Thanks in advance.

Murray

gionc
03-28-2008, 04:32 PM
All,

I am going to be in the northern areas of Italy, as well as the southern areas of Switzerland (Ticino), for a couple of visits.

Can anyone recommend some hobby-shops to share some of my hard-earned $CDN with??

Thanks in advance.

Murray
If you search a big store Modellismo Baracca at Monza, not far from the track, may be a good choice, type modellismobaracca.com>dove siamo to see where they're, simple to find.

Something like 25+ years ago I visites a little, picturesque modelling shop at Lecco, near the Como lake, so not far from the Swiss, not sure if it will still alive, but at least you'll find George Clooney there :D

North Italy is 6-700 Km wide, so if you move east, to go Venice, a good visit may be Modellismo Brunello, just in the A21 Thiene/Schio Motorway's exit: it's a big shop (3-4.000 square meters) specialized in militar and aircraft, but it have thousands of car/bike kits.

If you go Maranello, Stevensky will reccomend a roundabout near the motorway when a cheap pusher will give you great MFH far from nosey eyes :D :D :D

jaykay640
03-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Gio...what about http://www.abcbrianza.com/ ?
Do they have a "classic" store or just the webshop? I've only seen them at a car show. Definitely many chances to spend money :-)
The place is between Milan and Como ( about...) if i remember correctly. Thank god i didn't know them when i was in Milan for a term during college :-)

gionc
03-29-2008, 03:47 AM
Gio...what about http://www.abcbrianza.com/ ?
Do they have a "classic" store or just the webshop? I've only seen them at a car show. Definitely many chances to spend money :-)
The place is between Milan and Como ( about...) if i remember correctly. Thank god i didn't know them when i was in Milan for a term during college :-)

Yes you're right Jay, they got a wide collection and production: I never visit the shop (I live near venice) , I meet them over a Milan's show to collect some LMM orders.

Murray Kish
03-30-2008, 04:31 AM
Thanks guys.

Where are you located yourselves? I may be in the area more and more, and it would be good to find a couple of people that can keep me up-to-speed re: model shows, etc...

Murray

Add your comment to this topic!