2002 Envoy Bose 6 disc Stereo

ttrout
03-28-2008, 01:53 PM
CD function will not work, wont eject CDs either. Should I go for the reprogram for 75.00 with no guarantee that it will help or just buy a new unit for about 500.00 from a local store. Thanks

washind
04-06-2008, 10:34 AM
I had a similar problem with my Bose cassette and was able to reset the error by disconnecting the neg battery terminal for about 3 minutes.

ttrout
04-09-2008, 07:17 PM
That did the trick, thanks for the tip, funny neither the gmc or chevy service depts sugested that I try that.

ktrace4
04-28-2009, 11:19 AM
I am having the same issue (6 cd changer not working, the rest of the stereo seems fine). I'm not very familiar with cars, but is disconnecting the neg battery terminal something simple enough for me to figure out?
I appreciate your help. I don't care if the cd changer ever works again, but it'd be nice to get my cd's back!

washind
04-28-2009, 12:15 PM
I am having the same issue (6 cd changer not working, the rest of the stereo seems fine). I'm not very familiar with cars, but is disconnecting the neg battery terminal something simple enough for me to figure out?
I appreciate your help. I don't care if the cd changer ever works again, but it'd be nice to get my cd's back!
Its easy to do. The battery is located at the front of the engine compartment on the drivers side. You might need to remove the battery cover to expose the two cables located on the rear of the battery. Using a 5/16 open ended wrench or vice grips, remove the black cable for 3 minutes. Before reattaching, make sure teh mating surfaces are clean. You'll likely have to reset the clock and your radio station pre-sets.

Good luck - hope it solves your problem.

Add your comment to this topic!