Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sports Car under 5 grand?

Dyno247365
03-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Last summer I bought the really nice dodge in my sig. I mostly drove a 240sx before that and now I miss having a smaller faster car on the road, and one that gets better mileage. Now you may be asking why i went from sports car to truck? Easy, I was gearing up to go karting. I went to a karting class and really enjoyed it but I have next to no time or resources to buy my own kart right now and even if I did, the track is a 2 hour drive every weekend (painful). So needless to say, I'm thinking about selling the truck to buy a sports car again. What are some good sports cars for under 5 grand?

Ray paulsen
03-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Your Dodge sure looks good and yes with the price of gas anything smaller like a sports car would be half, under 5 grand I dont think it will happen you being happy , if you could strath a little with time like 6 to 7 grand a Corvette providing you done some homework can be a good investment

Dyno247365
03-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Your Dodge sure looks good and yes with the price of gas anything smaller like a sports car would be half, under 5 grand I dont think it will happen you being happy , if you could strath a little with time like 6 to 7 grand a Corvette providing you done some homework can be a good investment

A Vette huh? Around what years for 6-7 grand?

Ray paulsen
03-27-2008, 08:22 PM
A Vette huh? Around what years for 6-7 grand?

Late 60's early 70's,,, body wont rust, lol, also Mustangs same era can be found,,, however again it comes down to homework on your part.

Dyno247365
03-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Late 60's early 70's,,, body wont rust, lol, also Mustangs same era can be found,,, however again it comes down to homework on your part.

...you're joking right Ray? Those are collector's cars and are probably worth a lot more than my truck is. If you mean a cheap vette from that year, I don't need any more project cars because this is gonna be my daily driver.

I've been mostly looking at 90's Subaru RS2.5, Toyota MR2 turbo, and LT1 Firebirds. There might even be some C4s i can afford, but finding a manual will be tough. Also looking at Miatas because they're great race cars, and I wish I could afford an FD RX-7. Last I checked they sell for pretty high still.

Ray paulsen
04-04-2008, 07:49 AM
I want to apologize as I somehow missed the daily driver bit, yes your 100% right you dont need another project car, your selection of choices look good and I somehow know you will make a good choice as you seem to be type person that follow the proper steps buying.
I like the 240sx as a choice, would you consider another ?

PS... I had a contact some time back for all manual's, if you end up with a car without let me know and I will look for my contact

Greenblurr93
04-04-2008, 09:01 AM
5 grand? wont get much that isnt beat up... I say try another 240sx... FC RX-7's are nice if you can find one not beat up as well

Add your comment to this topic!