Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine Light Epidemic

jamoncq
03-25-2008, 01:55 PM
I have a 2004 Liberty 3.7 L. I bought it with 19K, and the engine light went on around 21K. I ignored it for a while then took it to the dealer Bay Ridge Chrysler Jeep who offered me the great service of changing and oxygen sensor for $969. Though grateful, I declined and changed all four oxygen sensors (dealer parts) myself for $38 each. Cleared the codes, and the car was fine for nearly 1000 miles.

Now at 28K, the light is on again. I have not yet checked the code, but am wondering, has anyone else been plagued by the engine light? Is it a known issue on this car?

mxpilot_kx
10-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Probably have a vacuum leak. Check all your vacuum lines including the ones on the driver side frame rail and back by the fuel tank above the rear diff. I've had to replace almost every vacuum line on my wife Liberty because the were cracking and causing a check engine light (vacuum leaks)

2000izusu
10-11-2008, 06:03 AM
check engine light is not a known issue with the liberty. in the obd2 federal emissions system over 1000 things can set the check engine light off. so until we know a code we can do no good. it may or may not be the same code as 1000 miles ago. mike

Add your comment to this topic!