Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ignition key problem

Tony022
03-22-2008, 09:18 AM
1995 olds auroa
Went to start car, nothing. All electronics work. lights, radio, door locks, power windows, seat warmer.
Turn key--- nothing.. then message comes up in display says
"Clean key and wait 3 minutes".
Whats up with that..

Clean key with what?
Both keys do same thing..

HELP...

:banghead:

Tony022
03-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I waited three minutes and went out and the car started

No one have any ideas???

Is there a sensor in the ignigtion switch??
If so, where is it located?

My fear is that it is an intermitten problem like all the other electrical problems and it's gonna let me down in the middle of a cold snowy night, 10 miles from civilization. lol

I'll have to keep my cell phone charged..

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon8.gif

back2life
03-23-2008, 09:56 PM
make sure to keep keys clean. if problem persists, replace the ignition keylock switch. if you need to know how to permanently bypass the sytem hit me up.

bob minucci
08-14-2008, 02:56 PM
1995 olds auroa
Went to start car, nothing. All electronics work. lights, radio, door locks, power windows, seat warmer.
Turn key--- nothing.. then message comes up in display says
"Clean key and wait 3 minutes".
Whats up with that..

Clean key with what?
Both keys do same thing..

HELP...

:banghead:YOUR PROBLEM IS NOT A DIRTY KEY. YOUR IGNITION SWITCH HAS TO BE REPLACED AND YOU WILL GET NEW KEYS WITH IT . IF YOU GO TO THE DEALER THE TOTAL COST INSTALLED WILL BE ABOUT $550.00. THE DEALER COST IS ABOUT $198.00. THEN THEY CHARGE ABOUT 1 HR. DIO. LABOR AND THE BALANCE FOR THE ACTUAL REPAIR...BOB

BNaylor
08-14-2008, 03:13 PM
YOUR PROBLEM IS NOT A DIRTY KEY. YOUR IGNITION SWITCH HAS TO BE REPLACED AND YOU WILL GET NEW KEYS WITH IT . IF YOU GO TO THE DEALER THE TOTAL COST INSTALLED WILL BE ABOUT $550.00. THE DEALER COST IS ABOUT $198.00. THEN THEY CHARGE ABOUT 1 HR. DIO. LABOR AND THE BALANCE FOR THE ACTUAL REPAIR...BOB

Thanks for the belated post and contributing. However, this is an old thread so it has been closed. Info might have been helpful several months ago.

Add your comment to this topic!