Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

please help. im still learning about cars

curiousrandy
03-22-2008, 01:43 AM
my car is constantly overheating. it spews coolant from the container and i think the coolant is actually boiling and the pressure is pushing itself out of the lid and another leak on the underside. it does not leak until its boiling. anyone have an idea why it could be boiling in the first place. its a 97 z24 cavalier. please help

kirkwood158
03-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Don't mean for this to sound bad but f you are that unaware of what is going on and that slow to know that you are causing serious harm to the motor continuiusly over heating............

Your best bet is to go down to the auto parts store and get a book on your car and read and thats just minimal knowledge or find a friend who knows some things about cars, or learn something in life to make plenty of money so you can pay some one to fix your stuff

REALLY.... Radiator clogged .....termostat stuck ......cooling fan not cycling....water pump failure.... and probably somthings I cant think of and each one of thses stated problems comes with own set of diagnosiis and the book will help with some and if you look through these threads you can find the answer to some

good luck and gain knowledge

Add your comment to this topic!