Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

mr2 vs integra gsr

Magnatus
03-21-2008, 12:35 AM
1991 mr2 turbo with
Greddy turbo timer
Greddy dual exhaust
Apex blow off valve
about 20-22mpg
JDM engine

or a 95 integra gsr
B18 block w/ B16 head
T3T4 turbo running on 7 psi
34m wastegate
550cc from RC
255 racing fuel pump
ARP head studs
Tuned with a Hondata s200 Vtec kicks in at 6k and red line 85k
3 inch down pipe
Apexi full cat back exhaust
Type s blow off valve
stage 1 exeedy racing street clutch
lighten flywheel also from exeedy
short shifter
abotu 25-30mpg

eckoman_pdx
04-29-2008, 03:26 AM
I actually own a modded honda and an MR2 turbo...I really don't like versus threads though as they always end up in a flame war...

I'm not gonna guessimate "who'd win"...but...both cars would be fun to drive.

I read in your other thread that you passed on the Integra for the MR2.

Is the JDM motor a Gen 3? If it is, the motor is 240hp. Your Greddy Power Extreme exhaust may add 15hp. The motor has a nice upside though, and the CT20B can flow to about 300 @ the wheels. You can certainly make that MR2 faster than it already is if you want. I nice downpipe and intake will net some nice gains.

As for the Honda, I have seen 7psi net everything from 220-275hp depending on the tune. It sounds like the motor wasn't built internally though, and that it's a stock block. For longevity purpose, I wouldn't want much more than 250-260 to the wheels on a stock block. I've seen people put down more, but 250hp is about what I'd want to limit it to on a stock block. That's almost doubling your WHP from the factory. Still, many have built Honda blocks so it's just a matter of $$. Any idea why they tuned it to kick in Vtec @ 6k? That's quiet a bit later than a stock b-series vtec motor.

An up-shot of the MR2. The MR2's 3-SGTE has a closed deck Iron block, so it can handle more abuse in that sense.

sw20matt
05-03-2008, 02:25 PM
I would go with the mr2. In my opinion better motor to build, car layout gives superior handeling from the get go, and much more unique. Everyone and there mom is rolling around in an integra, I see an mr2 about once every week or so and thats only because there is one around the corner from my work.

Add your comment to this topic!