95 honda civic ex v-tec

jai6479
03-19-2008, 11:58 AM
when I am driving the car it is fine but when I am stopped it idle's up and down there is 2 different sensors and I need to know which one I need to change its the idle sensor but there is a high idle sensor and a different one and I don't know what the part I need it called if anyone could tell me I would be greatful does anyone know any codes like the one with the plymouth were you turn it on and off three times and it gives you a code is there any way to get a code for a honda like that When I run the defrost on my car the passenger side gets clear but it is like the blower on the driver side is'nt working and my window gets all fogged up is there any way I can fix that

Greenblurr93
03-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Clean the IACV with brake cleaner and reinstall, that should help/fix the problem

Alex37211
03-19-2008, 04:01 PM
It's behind the intake manifold. Just a couple bolts. And two hoses.

Cartedd
03-23-2008, 04:17 PM
I had that same problem last year. Check your ground wires, mine were pretty beat up so I installed a ground kit and did a tune up. That helped me.

SDcivic1
03-25-2008, 05:39 PM
I have a question and need some help. I live in san diego and have 95 civic hatchback for sale. it is factory standard and i understand they are very popular cars for racing. it is a single owner and the body is in great condition. how much can i sell it for and where should i try to sell it. Thanks for the help!

Alex37211
03-25-2008, 06:11 PM
$1500-$2200 depending on presence of rust and overall condition.
Sell it on craigslist.

The Chevy Guy
04-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Idle air control valve sounds stuck or sticking common problem oil from pcv system clogs it as other guy pointed out its behind the inake just behind the throttle body pul;l it and clean with carb cleaner also clean your throttle body...you can pull codes under dash on passenger side drop glove box you will find a two connectors a white and a brown hooked together disconnect the brown it has two wires it is the diagnostic harness and jump them together the mil light (check engine light)wil;l flash indicating codes the flashes are numbers one flash is code 1 for codes numbered with two digits flash then pause flash again the number of times it blinks is your code

Add your comment to this topic!