Maybe it's the Pick Up Coil

cowpie
03-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Okay, My question on the Crank Position Sensor didn't go anywhere probably because there isn't one on a 90 2.5L non turbo. Instaed there is a Pick Up Coil aka. Hall Effect Sensor. My question is would the car turn over but not start if the Pick up Coil aka Hall Effect Sensor didn't work. The regular coil is new so I am sure it isn't that.
Thanks again, cowpie

jdl
03-18-2008, 03:20 PM
I read your other post, what was the code? No distributor reference signal, some of my info calls it a crank reference signal, is a code 11.

Are you saying the vehicle cranks good but won't start? Are you saying the starter won't crank? Even without the reference signal, the starter should crank just fine. Without the reference signal (rpm signal) during cranking, you will have no spark at the plugs, the fuel pump won't run, the fuel injectors won't work.

cowpie
03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Yea, I'm getting a 11. The car cranks, but I don't think there is gas or spark. My big time expensive code reader says Crank Position Sensor, but this one doesn't have one. The car started and went about ten feet before it stopped and refused to start again. Think I'll go and get a new Pick Up Coil tomorrow.
Thanks for replying, cowpie

cowpie
03-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Okay, New Coil and Pick Up Coil. No spark still. The only code I am getting is 11. No Crank Reference Signal. If it is in the PCM would a 11 be a valid code?. Don't really know what to do next. Appreciate suggestions. cowpie

Add your comment to this topic!