Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2005 Electrical problem!

Marialyce
03-17-2008, 10:46 AM
I am hoping that I can get some help. I had my power windows quite working on me. We searched and finally found the breaker and it had evidence that it had gotten very hot. We replaced it with a new one and it worked for about half a day. We discovered that it was getting hot as well and if you took it out to let it cool, then put it back in the windows would work. We have to take it out after every use. Normally, it wouldn't be a huge issue, except that I deliver mail part time and it would be nice to roll my window up, when its cold or rainy. I noticed the other day that when I put the breaker in I lost my radio reception until I took it back out. I also had to quite using my lighter, because it kept blowing fuses. I have had the usual IP problems and ignition problems. I put a used IM in that worked, but now I can't trade it in because of the mileage discrepancy and the igniton will turn hard, you have to jiggle it until it turns to the start posistion and sometimes it will turn over excessively before starting or the motor will catch, jumps, then dies. Any suggestions?

j cAT
03-19-2008, 06:45 PM
I am hoping that I can get some help. I had my power windows quite working on me. We searched and finally found the breaker and it had evidence that it had gotten very hot. We replaced it with a new one and it worked for about half a day. We discovered that it was getting hot as well and if you took it out to let it cool, then put it back in the windows would work. We have to take it out after every use. Normally, it wouldn't be a huge issue, except that I deliver mail part time and it would be nice to roll my window up, when its cold or rainy. I noticed the other day that when I put the breaker in I lost my radio reception until I took it back out. I also had to quite using my lighter, because it kept blowing fuses. I have had the usual IP problems and ignition problems. I put a used IM in that worked, but now I can't trade it in because of the mileage discrepancy and the igniton will turn hard, you have to jiggle it until it turns to the start posistion and sometimes it will turn over excessively before starting or the motor will catch, jumps, then dies. Any suggestions?

disconnect one window at a time till problem of fuse heating stops most likely driver window.

cigarette lighter replace element..

starter replace as with you problem the drive gears are worn holding key too long when starting will do this..

replace ignition key this should correct binding...

is this an 1985 vehicle can't be 2005

Add your comment to this topic!